Do I need further testing?? Very concerned
Hello Doctor, i'm 22 and lately I have been in constant anxiety and feelings of guilt since I had a possible exposure 32 days ago. I had protected sex with a random woman I met at a bar in Johannesburg. Her HIV status is unknown to me. The penetration didn't last two minutes and the condom was on throughout. after ejaculation, I carefully removed the condom and wrapped it in a tissue. I washed off my genitals and that was the end of the act. The history of my testing so far is as follows;
At 15 days past exposure- rapid test and 4th Gen ELISA (antibody/antigen): Negative
At exactly 28 days past exposure- rapid test and 4th Gen ELISA (antibody/antigen): Negative
Is this result definitive considering the risk I had or do I need further testing at 6 weeks and/or 3 months? I'm very worried and I'm afraid it's affecting me seriously in all other aspects of my life. Especially my job and family. I need your help doctor.
You had safe sex and your tests confirmed it.
Protected sex is safe sex no further test are needed.