HIV Prevention Community
Do I need testing for kissing prostitute

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Happened on business trip to Srilanka in the hotel where i stayed. Was partying and drinking picked a prostitute. We were dancing and were into deep kissing. She was a agreessive kisser and kissed me aggressively for about 30-40 min.

NO SEX

I dont know her dental hygiene
When i googled i got different feedback of HIV transmission from kissing

Searched the archives here and that of HIV Risk1 and HIV Risk2 postings in this forum were similar to mine minus the oral sex,

i think my exposure is a low risk exposure.

DATE OF EXPOSURE TO RISK SEPT 1

Symptoms none till i started searching for symptoms. Had diahorrea for 2 days oct 22/23 stopped when after discontinuing taking yoghurt, throat pain on october 24 and 2 little red pimple boils on chest and one in hand

Do all the ARS symptoms occur together? Am i having the ARS symptoms

Does one get symptoms after 10 weeks?

DO I NEED TESTING ?

i am going through a lot of anxiety, depression and panic attacks . i am worried that i have put my wife and kid to risk. I love them very much the above incident was the only time i cheated on my wife it was the damn booze.

Can the ARS symptoms start in the 10th week after the risk exposure?

Is weightloss associated with anxiety and depression?
1. No
2. Yes

How's that for brief?  Dr. HHH teacheth well.  

Dude, go look at and read all the posts on the HIV forum above.  Your answers are all there, asked by countless others.  If you can't get over this, for heavens sake just take a test and be done with the anxiety.  You cannot get HIV by kissing.  Dr. HHH has been very clear about that.
No, you do not need any testing.
Hi I was on holidays with my friends and we there for 5 nights, during the time I was drinking heavily and not eating properly. On my 4th night I accidently kissed a prostitute for a brief minute. I could not taste blood in her mouth or if she had poor gums but as she was a prostitute I'm assuming she had.

When I brush my teeth sometimes my gums bleed, which they probably did about 5 hours before this time in which I drank and ate in between. I'm worried because now a day or two after the event I have symtoms (symptoms) such a blister on my tongue, sore throat and sweated a lot last night even though I was probably run down anyways form the trip.

Can you give me your opinion on whether I may need testing?
You didn't have an exposure and you don't need testing.