HIV Prevention Community
Do I need to take a test or am I having HIV

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

First time ever I had come to contact of sex worker at Dhaka ( Bangladesh ) about 3 weeks back on 1st of July. In the first meeting, I had asked the lady about her medical status. She confirmed me that she is 100% fit and she doesn't have any STD/HIV. Later I took her my hotel room. I had licked her ( without any protection) vegina and after that we had protected sex with a latex condom which she was carrying.

I was little bit frightened as this was my first time ever. I had checked the condom throughly for any leakage but didn't fine any leakage out of it or any rupture. I was mentally very upset and discussed the matter with my friends who had this experience. All of them that assured me that my approch was aboslutely fine and I don't have any fear of STD/HIV transmission. After that I had alsoc called up at hotel reception whether these girls are medically tested. Hotel confirmed me that if I had used protection ( condom) there will not be any issue.

After three weeks now, I have a mild sore throat which may be because of lots of cold drinks I am taking these days. Still just wanted to check and confirm, is there any chances of getting HIV or STD? I had read many articles in net that HIV can't transmit via saliva provided you don't have any ulcer or any kind of cuts in your teeth or mouth. Which am sure I don't have.

My question even after so many protections/safety " Do I need to take up a test"?

Would appreciate your advice.
No and no.
you had NO risk from what you've described.

neither oral sex nor condom protected sex is a risk for contracting hiv.
Thanks Lizzie

So there is no need of having a test? Right
If you didn't have an exposure there would not be a reason to test.
Thanks Teak..Only concern was about the oral sex. But am sure ..am not exposed to any blood ..
Is it advisable to have unprotected sex with my wife, which I was avoiding for last couple of days because of my guilt as well as fear.
Is it advisable to have unprotected sex with my wife, which I was avoiding for last couple of days because of my guilt as well as fear. .
You can't give her something you don't have.
Thanks Teak, what about getting it from her..any remote chance due to cullinigus! Is there any documented case because of this?
No and no.
Thanks a ton.

I will sleep peacefully tonight.At least I will not die because of HIV and AIDS. Of course that was my first and last encounter. No more in future. My family and wife is better than anything else in this world.

Thanks again Teak
Hi Teak, Lizzi

1.) What is meant by Window period?

Another thing, I always read in the forum, that continuous fever is one of the syndrome of having HIV+. Is there any case, where there was no fever to the victim, but still he was detected with HIV+
The time it takes to go from negative to positive.
What about the second part?

Also is there any time line for " windows Period"?
You never had an exposure.
It was a generic..just wanted to increase my knowledge
Last doubt..After cullinigus, after about 5 minutes I had washed my teeth. My friends say that by doing that I had increased my chances of infection, as saliva production will reduce because of brushing the teeth. Is that correct? Do I have chances of catching HIV infection because of this action. Please respond.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Sorry for that. Please don't ban. I was asking my last doubt. Please
"After cullinigus, after about 5 minutes I had washed my teeth. My friends say that by doing that I had increased my chances of infection, as saliva production will reduce because of brushing the teeth. Is that correct? Do I have chances of catching HIV infection because of this action. Please respond. "

NO
Thanks..The myth is clarified. Moving On