HIV Prevention Community
Does doing fisting rectum with a scratch on finger exposing to HIV?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Two days ago, I fisted a guy with my right hand. I didn't think too much about to have protection or whatever, so I just put in my bare hand. And he bled, when I pulled out my hand, it was covered with blood and lub. I asked him is he negative, he said yes but who knows, got me concerned.

After we left, I found a scratch on my right thumb joint, with skin peeling off and kind of flesh exposing but only the very outer layer with no pain. It's recovered now though.

So, if he is positive, would I be exposed to HIV and required PEP?
Thank you.
You had no risk from fisting,cuts or scraps would not have placed you at risk because what you engaged in is not a mode of Hiv transmission.
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Thanks for reply.
I've got those pieces of information, but the information I read so far also says that the virus goes into the blood stream would get you infected. Doesn't a scratch make an entrance for them to enter? or it's like too small to go into blood stream.
Although I've read another answer by a doctor saying there has no documentation showing fisting with a scratch on finger would get you infected with HIV, but I think I scratched my finger in the receiver's rectum. My hand was intact before it, so the scratch was freshly made.
And one more thing is that the receiver said the last time he has conducted a test was 2.5 months ago.
Does these extra information change anything?
Doesn't change a thing when it's not a risk.