Does white furry tongue mean HIV?
So my question is...
i realized that my tongue started to become white and furry, it doesnt look like anything scary like in those pictures i see where the tongue has white spots and such. ive tried cleaning it and before it used to sort of come off but the white furry coat would come back later. now it has decreased a bit but i can still see it, however when i try to clean it it wont go away as easy. either way i am just scared that this that i have in my mouth could mean i have HIV.
i dont have any other symptoms but the fact that my partner has been having sort of a runny nose and he seems to try to clear his throat all the time makes me nervous because it could mean i might have given him something.
last time i got tested for HIV was on june 13 and before that i had unprotected sex with someone around mid february... i came out negative though.
what are the chances that i have HIV?
should i be worried?
does this white furry coat in my tongue mean i have HIV? or is it something that could just happen to anybody...
also my stomach seems to be upset often

This discussion is related to Worried about broken condom.
see your doctor...you do not have hiv and have the test to prove it :)
HIV is diagnosed through a blood test, not through signs and symptoms.
So if you tested after 12 weeks from your possible exposure, the result is conclusive.

White coated tongue could be due to stress too.. : o)
thank you, well i really hope i dont have anything, i am surely very concerned and stressed about this. honestly ever since i saw my tongue white like that i havent stopped going to the mirror to see if it has gone down...
also to add i went to the doctor and she prescribed this tablets of Clotrimazole so i will see if this works however i am very determined to get tested again and i will do this tomorrow because this anxiety is driving me nuts. i love my partner and i dont wanna be worried all the time...
im planning on getting that one oral test that gives you the result faster... is it as equal as accurate as the other tests??

btw. thank you guys for the comments ^_^
I white coated tongue can be a sign of a weakened immune system... although there are many reason for this showing of bacteria build up that is naturally occuring in ones body... most notably after the use of antibiotics which indiscriminantly kill microbes that might lead to a white tongue. I come to the understanding that a white coated tongue during initial hiv infection is usually the result of severely decreased CD4+ cell count, a CD4+ cell count that has dipped very very low compared to most individuals that undergo initial hiv infection... as a result, if you have no other symptoms (which you would at such a low CD4+ count), I would safely say you haven't contracted hiv. Don't risk your life, always where a condom, and always ask you partner their hiv status before engaging in sexual (intercourse) activity.
Go read and post somewhere else.
Reading from your post, you tested after 12 weeks of possible exposure...with that, I would not recommend further testing.  You have a conclusive result.  

However,  if it can allay your fears and offer peace of mind, go ahead with another test.

hey thank you all guys for your comments! that was really helpful and this encouraged me to get tested..

so i got tested today ^_^ and im negativee!!!!

thank you guys!
Congrats!!!!!
Hi can anyone pls advise me too? I had white coating on my tongue, bad rashes on my leg and stomach, persistent fatigue, persistent cough >2 weeks and wounds that took very long to heal? Could I be infected ??? I'm really too scare to take the test...
worriedchub, start your own thread next time rather than bumping dead ones.
Also, symptoms are not a good way to diagnose HIV. If you have been sharing needles or having risky sex, get yourself a test. If not, see your doctor to get whatever you have checked out.