HIV Prevention Community
Donate Blood after 14 weeks negative

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Donate Blood after 14 weeks negative

i had an unprotected vaginal act going on six months now. I tested at 8, 12, and 14 weeks negative. My question now is can i donate blood and have nothing to worry about? I know they say to not donate if you might have had a risky sexual experience but i tested 3 times out to a little over 3 months and everything was negative on a UNIGOLD RAPID HIV TEST. Just wanted to hear what everyone else had to say or thought about this? Btw i have donated in the past and just recently american red cross called me and was wondering if i was interested in donating again. Anyways I would like to hear what everyone has to say. Thanks.
Yes, its safe to donate blood. You don't have HIV...your test is conclusive!
Beside, donated blood are screen for any abnormality.
I know they do but i just want to make sure everything would be fine. whats your opinion
Well the test has been approved and you've tested beyond 3 months post-exposure which is the conclusive test result period, so you're conclusively HIV negative.

When it comes to HIV, yes, everything's fine so I agree with Ana115 and Hope242.
thank you