HIV Prevention Community
Drug Tolerance HIV

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Drug Tolerance HIV

I've been listening to several articles on NPR about AIDS, HIV, and the various treatment options.  One of the takeaways was that the various treatments have to be monitored carefully otherwise the HIV virus will adapt and make the regiment ineffective.  What I would like to know is if thie means that we will eventually encounter a further problem with strains of HIV that will be resistant to the known treatments?
Tags: HIV, tolerance, AIDS, crossresistancent
This forum deals with risk assessment but seeing as though you have asked I believe that ARV therapy works well and an infected persons ID doctor would work with that person to establish the best treatment for them.Teak would be able to explain it to you better as he has more knowledge than I do about HIV.