HIV Prevention Community
Dry cough no other symptom

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Dry cough no other symptom

I had a condom break incident 10 weeks ago. I had an HIV test at 17 days after and 4 weeks after the incident and  they were negative.

about three weeks ago I have been noticing that I have itching in my throat and so I cough to "un itch" it. Is this a dry cough (I call it a dry cough) and does this sound like I might have HIV? I have no other symtoms (symptoms).

Please respond as soon as possible
I'm no expert in this topic but from reading this forum constantly, it seems a test at 4 weeks is virtually conclusive and another test at 6 weeks makes it 99% and catching HIV orally is very slim as the forums states.

A lot of people feel anxiety and this causes everyone to lose rational thoughts. Having spots, cough, muscle ache etc. If you did not have your incident would you have doubted these syptoms (symptoms) to be anything else apart from a normal cough.

I need another 2 weeks before I will take my first test the 4 week test, I too have a cough but with phlegm (green mucus), head ache but it is winter, there are so many various viruses about at the moment. I had anxiety like you and it was destroying me before reading this forum and now everyday gets a bit better. Relax, I know it hard but you have had two negitive tests.....
Guys,

thanks, for your support. I am really panicking!!! Mentally I am really tired. I thought that I was over the HIV scare, but this cough has me worried again.

I am wondering if when HIV symptoms appear, they appear singly or just a few of them because all I have is dry cough that only comes about when I cough, that is, it is not involuntary.

Any thoughts?
I've had a bad dry cough also, and went to get tested for HIV even though it's been aeons since I did anything risky. I think it's flu season and the cough is going around.

J