HIV Prevention Community
Early HIV/Hep/STD Symptoms

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Early HIV/Hep/STD Symptoms

Hey guys,

Saturday, April 10th, I had sex which included a condom break, so unprotected vaginal and oral intercourse occured. Now, about 2 or 3 days later, I am experiencing a sore throat, sore lymph nodes on both sides of my neck, and a mild headache. From doing some reading this seems to early for HIV symptoms. What can you guys tell me? Does this seem to be a high risk encounter? Do these symptoms parallel early HIV symptoms?

Thanks for the feedback.
condom break requires testing for hiv..
you can test at 6-8 weeks for a good indication of your status..test again at 3 months for a conclusive result..
what you are experiencing now is not ars symptoms as its too early for it..
you may wana do testing for stds as well..post in the std forum for detailed info about it
not a doctor but I believe you may have the flu. These things do not show up so fast with Hep/HIV, you may want to get checked for STD. RELAX