HIV Prevention Community
Ejaculate in my mouth

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Ejaculate in my mouth

I am male and just performed oral sex on another man who (inspite of my request to the contrary) fully ejaculated in my mouth. I immediately spit the cum out but know that I did swallow some. I do have a history of a receding gum line and had brushed my teeth and used mouth wash half hour before the incident. I am 41. We did not have any anal intercourse. We did kiss. I used Listerine mouth wash right after he ejaculated in my mouth.

He is married (to a woman) and told me it when did engage in anal intercourse with other men (giving and receiving) he did not use condoms. I said he had been tested for HIV 4 weeks ago and that the result was negative. He also stated that I was the first encounter after this test (aside from his wife). In this country regular HIV testing is required to retain your job and visa. So chances are he is telling the truth but I am not sure.

I am concerned given his history of unprotected gay sex and potential high risk to HIV and my receding gums and teeth brushing prior to the encounter. I dont think i had any open sores or other such issues at the time but i did have a sore throat today. Wanting to go to see if I can acquire PEP (morning after pill) tomorrow in hospital. Chances are low that I will find it here. However after doing research on side effects (which are horrible and numerous), i am trying to weigh the risk of the above risky behaviour and potential exposure to HIV and the side effects of PEP if I do manage to start the 4 week treatment.

Any counsel on which way my thinking should be swayed would be VERY VERY much appreciated. thanks
You didn't have a risk of contracting HIV and nPEP is not a morning after pill.
Please allow me to reinforce what Teak has already told you. nPEP is indeed NOT "the morning after pill". It is a combination of some extremely powerful drugs NOT to be weighed lightly at all. That said, again as Teak has stated, there was NO RISK through this act. There are NO "high risk" people, only "high risk" acts.Which this was NOT one where HIV is concerned.

-JC-

First of all, thank you for this forum and for your exceptionally quick responses. You just saved me a sleepless night and spending the day at the hospital tomorrow begging some doctor to prescribe nPEP. THANK YOU.

Although I appreciate that the act was not high risk, it was low risk (cum in mouth) and needed to weigh this against the intrusive (my understanding anyway) effects of nPEP in light of the low but still risky act.
It wasn't a risky act at all. Had it been we would have advised you.  
Thank you for your great public service....very much appreciated.
Best