HIV Prevention Community
Ejaculted in the mouth - Different circumstances - Please help

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I received a blow job on different occasions from a Thai lady about 40 days ago (unprotected). I ejaculated in the mouth on both the occasions. I know BJ is relatively low risk but, my concerns are due to the specific nature of my penis condition when the incident happened. Apart from that I also did lot of fingering and sucked her nipples many times.

I am a circumcised 33 year old male. I was circumcised while I was very young (probably 7 years old) and I don’t remember much. The issue here is, my penis is not fully circumcised. Only half is circumcised (fully) and the other half is not fully circumcised. I am not sure if you all can fully understand without taking a look.

Because of this issue I always have sore on the head of my penis. The skin there is attached to the head of my penis and for these reason my entire penis head is not full exposed even after full erection. I clear the area very often but, I don’t see the underneath the skin fully. Underneath the skin is sore most of the time and there is high possibility germs and other stuff can pass in between the attached skin and the head of my penis.

My question is based on my explanation above how likely is HIV virus getting entry into my body through the infected area? My penis head and the infected area was in the mouth even after ejaculation.

On the 4th week I experienced mild sore throat followed by one swollen lymph node under my left armpit and another one under my left chin. I also had a low grade fever and loose motion for 3 consecutive days.  The lymph node disappeared after about 12 days. I also had pain on my left calf muscle (it was heavy pain at times). It continued for 1 week and stopped.

I am terrified by the symptoms and the nature of my penis and the fact that I ejaculated in the month.

I am convinced that my explanation is still confusing but, I could not express myself any better. Please help.
You never had an exposure. HIV is not transmitted by oral sex.
Teak, you mean to say even if I have sore area on my penis head is not enough to transmit the virus?
No incident HIV infections among MSM who practice exclusively oral sex.
Int Conf AIDS 2004 Jul 11-16; 15:(abstract no. WePpC2072)??Balls JE, Evans JL, Dilley J, Osmond D, Shiboski S, Shiboski C, Klausner J, McFarland W, Greenspan D, Page-Shafer K?University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, United States

Oral transmission of HIV, reality or fiction? An update
J Campo1, MA Perea1, J del Romero2, J Cano1, V Hernando2, A Bascones1
Oral Diseases (2006) 12, 219–228

AIDS: Volume 16(17) 22 November 2002 pp 2350-2352
Risk of HIV infection attributable to oral sex among men who have sex with men and in the population of men who have sex with men

Page-Shafer, Kimberlya,b; Shiboski, Caroline Hb; Osmond, Dennis Hc; Dilley, Jamesd; McFarland, Willie; Shiboski, Steve Cc; Klausner, Jeffrey De; Balls, Joycea; Greenspan, Deborahb; Greenspan
Page-Shafer K, Veugelers PJ, Moss AR, Strathdee S, Kaldor JM, van Griensven GJ. Sexual risk behavior and risk factors for HIV-1 seroconversion in homosexual men participating in the Tricontinental Seroconverter Study, 1982-1994 [published erratum appears in Am J Epidemiol 1997 15 Dec; 146(12):1076]. Am J Epidemiol 1997, 146:531-542.

Studies which show the fallacy of relying on anecdotal evidence as opposed to carefully controlled study insofar as HIV transmission risk is concerned:

Jenicek M. "Clinical Case Reporting" in Evidence-Based Medicine. Oxford: Butterworth–Heinemann; 1999:117
Saltzman SP, Stoddard AM, McCusker J, Moon MW, Mayer KH. Reliability of self-reported sexual behavior risk factors for HIV infection in homosexual men. Public Health Rep. 1987 102(6):692–697.Nov–Dec;

Catania JA, Gibson DR, Chitwood DD, Coates TJ. Methodological problems in AIDS behavioral research: influences on measurement error and participation bias in studies of sexual behavior. Psychol Bull. 1990 Nov;108(3):339–362.

There is no debate (among experts) about the HIV risks associated with oral sex. The risk is so low that almost nobody who cares for HIV infected patients has ever had a patient believed to have been infected that way. Among experts, it's a semantic issue about using terms like "no risk" and "very low risk". There is no difference between my or Dr. Hook's use of "low risk" and other experts' "no risk".
DR. HANSFIELD

"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex. Please educate yourself about the real risks. If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. " DR HANSFIELD

"I am sure you can find lots of people who believe that HIV is transmitted by oral sex, but you will not find scientific data to support this unrealistic concern..." DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by touching, masturbation, oral sex or condom protected sex."- DR. HOOK

in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA
"HIV is not spread by masturbation, through oral sex, through kissing or other casual contact." Dr. Hook
"The observation on thousands and thousands of observations is that HIV is not spread by oral sex (of any sort)." DR HOOK
"I would not say your risk ,if he had HIV is "slim to none"- that's too high.  I would say they are effectively zero.  How much of his ejaculate or other genital  secretions you may have swallowed makes no difference.  EWH "
"As far as HIV is concerned, there is no known risk of getting HIV from performing oral sex on an infected partner, even if that person's genital secretions get into your eyes or if you swallow." Dr.Hook
HIV is not spread by oral sex, giving or receiving, even if sores, gum disease or blood is present
DR HOOK
The fact is that there are no cases in which HIV has been proven to be transmitted by oral sex, including fellatio..  EWH
Can anyone therefore tell me about my symptoms. The only early symptom of HIV I am not experiencing is rash.

Anyone her experienced similar symptoms and got negative result?
very high fevers--rash--very sore throat--but you don't need to worry because you never had a risk.
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers