Expired Condom
3 weeks ago I had sex with a new boyfriend.  Having been in a committed relationship for years, I had not used condoms in a while and had some stored in my bedroom nightstand.  Afterwards I discovered that the expiration date was 10 years ago.  There was no breakage or slippage during the encounter and the condom seemed to be perfectly normal (not brittle or gooey). My question is,  do latex condoms break down and become permiable to HIV virus when they age, or is it simply the risk ofincreased  breakage that causes condoms to expire?   I have since bought new ones and threw the old ones out, but I am concerned about my "risk". I am getting really upset.
Thank you!
Condoms do not become premiable. If the condom did not fail, then you did not have a risk
Thank you!  I have been googling this for 3 days and can not find an answer.  Do you have a source I can look at?  Not that I don't trust you,  I just wonder how I could have missed this after so much looking.

Thanks again!
http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/Testing/Q147263.html