HIV Prevention Community
Exposure in Angola

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Exposure in Angola

Hi doctors,
I'm ashamed to say I'm an Indian man at this point. But the exposure I had is even more shameful and almost taking my life!!
I'm an Indian worker building railway in Angola, southwest Africa.
6 months ago I had a lot of alcohol and got drunk. The stupid thing I did was going to a bar with a native guy.
I forget if I joked I was gay but I remember I was penetrated by two black men with no condom! I was painful and bled a lot.
The next few weeks I had a temperature of 37.4 degrees Celsius from time to time, with other strange symptoms showing up.
When I'm back home, my friends told me to get tested. On 88th day I tested equivocal and then got a negative confirmatory result.
I searched on the web and it says I probably was infected by some Africa-only subtype which cannot be diagnosed until I progress into aids and extremely I'll.  I am so regretted and don't want to do nothing except wait for death.
ELISA.
What your read on the internet was GARBAGE. You have a CONCLUSIVE test result and therefore DO NOT have HIV.

Your religion is obviously making you feel guilty over this, and guilt can short-circuit the logical centers in the brain, so you should try to work on that, but forget about HIV.
Bro after 88 your test is negative so that's all ok. Trust me relax and don't panic your ok bro. God bless take care
Hi Jo,
My dr said they use indian produced Chemiluminescence and told me I'm ok. But when I told them about the N and P group HIV in rural Africa, they choked!
The website says HIV is easy to mutate so it's possible some rare strains cannot be detected readily by current method.
Are u so sure I was not infected, because America has new ways to detect all strains?
Thank you.
May the god bless u, too!
You should be thanking the heavens that you are HIV negative instead of looking up for rare strains of the disease. Never ever engage in something like that again!!
Yes I think so, thank u. I know I'm so lucky that the confirmatory test result is neg-, but the rare chance is still haunting me.
If the exposure were not in rural Africa, I would not concern at this point. Now my family urge me to get married, and I have been with my gf for 4 years, she's a good girl and has her virginity. We took part in the parade to support the protection of female, too.
I don't want to transmit anything bad to her. What should I do now to rule out the remaining rare chances of HIV infection?
There is no remaining chance of infection. Your test was conclusive.
Thank u so much, my friend!
What puzzles me is the guy diagnosed in France with n group infection, who was infected by Africans(no offense, I'm so sorry), and those Cameroons. How come they cannot be detected by earlier tests? Is the test outdated or the news is false?
I think Angola is no better than Cameroon or Congo in this way(I mean the spread of rare HIV strains like n group)
Reading anything on the internet you will find whatever you want to believe. That case was several years ago with less reliable tests.
Yes, thank you. I admit I'm over-concerned about it.
But since I'm in India, I don't know the reliability of our locally produced test.
Just one last question: Via what method were those infected with rare strains HIV(e.g. N group) diagnosed and found they had it?
Thank you very much!
ELISA.
I called the CDC here and they said they only have 3rd generation Elisa, is it reliable in detecting all strains?
Thank you !
Hi Teak,
Here the doctors only have rapid test and chemiluminescence method(combi ag&ab combination test). And the dr told me chemiluminescence method is the most sensitive test they have.
I want to know what is the differences between ELISA and the chemiluminescence method in the sensitivity and the ability to detect the rare strains of HIV(e.g. N group)?
Elisa it is 3rd generation antibodies test for hiv 1&2 and it is reliable 100 percent 3 months after post exposure and reliable also from 8 weeks there is a another blood test called p24 antigen & antibodies test duo or combo it is the best and more sensitive reliable after 28 days and conclusive 200 percent after 3 months also PCR and Naat looking for virus himself reliable after 20 days try one of these tests and you are free of hiv don't worry ask the god to help you and forgive you also protect you may god bless you
Plus, if there is no way to find out if I was infected with African rare strains of HIV, I have no choice but to test my CD4 every year to see the change.
Don't be hijacking other people's thread, that's rude.
Dear teak, it's me, this is my thread...
Please help with my question
They are both equal. You do not have HIV.
Hi, friends,
I am now in the south of China visiting my uncle. I'm in the city of Guangzhou, the 3rd the most developed city of China. My uncle recommended me to have a test in the local Hospital for Infectious Diseases, which has multiple choices of HIV testing.
Just now I tested HIV by ELISA-ab and chemiluminescence method both. And also I required to test my sub-group of T-cell(cd3 cd4 cd8 cd45).
It's been 7 months since my tragedy experience.
I asked the doctor if the tests detect all subtypes, he said they are not that specific... What does he mean?
ASK the doctor
Move on.
Hi Jo,
I think I'm almost well. What do u think my 7-months elisa and chemiluminescence method test?
If they turn out -, can it mean I was not infected by all types, subtypes and groups of HIV? The exposure was too dangerous and scaring, please tell me the truth.
Thank you very much!
You don't have HIV. You'd be better off in investing in psychological help than continuing to test.
Hello helpers,
I got my results last night, both ELISA-ab and chemiluminescence method are negative.
But my CD4 is only 592. Why is it so low? I see other healthy guys' are close to 1000 or so.
MOVE ALONG.
Are u sure I'm not infected by any types, subtypes, groups or strains of HIV?
I was anally penetrated by 2 black gays in ANGOLA!!!!
your tests...specific for hiv...PROVE that you dont have hiv.

if you are having health concerns, work with your dr...IT'S NOT HIV RELATED.
Dear helpers,
Sorry to bother you again.
You all tell me that I'm not HIV infected. I completely want to believe it but my symptoms just keep haunting me. It's been over 8 months since my exposure, and varieties of symptoms just keep occurring.
Recently I was diagnosed with tinea cruris, my dental ulcer has been aching for 2 weeks, my gum is painful as well.  I don't know why I suffer so many unprecedented symptoms this half year.
I still suspect I was infected by HIV or something else that is similar to it(if there is). My doctor cannot find the connection of my weird symptoms. What would you Americans do if you were me in this situation?
If you can show me a way to get rid of my symptoms and find the hiding cause, I will spend all my bank savings to do it.
Please!!! I'm almost desperate.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
You were offered the best this forum could give you. It doesn't matter what your issues are currently, they are not specific to HIV.

One more thing, sex is a matter of choice and pleasure, I dont see how can you associate shame with being an Indian or having sex with the same gender.
Please don't ban me. Please!
This is my last question I promise.
Are you completely sure my 7 months negative 3rd ELISA and chemiluminescence method means I'm free of any existent groups or strains(even the rarest ones) of HIV, regardless my high risk exposure, 592 CD4 and reoccurring weird symptoms?
CMIA and ELISA are two different yet an accurate antibody detection technology. Yes, your tests have done the best for you already.Your CD4 count has nothing to do with HIV. A seven months negative says it all. Move on please.