HIV Prevention Community
FREAKING OUT

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

FREAKING OUT

A week ago a friend convinced me while drunk to get a street walker with him. We each got one, I used a condom, didn't ejaculate, and there was no condom breakage. Afterwords I felt horrible about what I had done. Starting about the day after I got a sore throat, and stomach issues and a pain in my pelvic region. The pain ranged from sharp to dull and I went from constipated to having soft frequent stool. I also had dry mouth, ear pain, leg pain, back pain and recently tingling in my feet and right index finger. I got tested last week and now waiting for results. I'm really worried that its HIV. I've been freaking out that I wont know for sure for at least three months. Please help.
HI Rock, your really at low risk. Your symtoms (symptoms) are more from out partying that night.
You were careful and used protection. im sure your just fine. You really need some lengthly unprotected vaginal  anal sex to get hiv.
I'm worried though, really about the tingling and pain, because the onset later in the week. Also I've had this sharp and throbbing pain in my uretha but that has gone away. The abdomen pain has too but the groin near my bladder is off and on.
None of this is any symptom of HIV.  Most likely just a winter virus you've picked up.
Since you used a condom then whatever is wrong with you is not HIV related. Condoms are what people use to protect against HIV. You do not have HIV.
At no time were you ever at risk of contracting HIV.
Thanks guys, you really helped me out. I want to let this issue drop seeing as I got my two weeks results as beg, but recently I've been having burning, pins and needles type pains in my arms and legs and the left side of my chest was spasming this past weekend. I looked it up rather than worry my doc again and it said it might be a symptom of HIV. I really want to be fine and I'm not usually a worry wort, but this is kind of making me worry. Its been 18 days since possible infection.
Enough now please--you had no risk so any symptoms are not related to HIV.It's time to move on.
Ok, so its week three and my cough has returned, I'm having sharp, noticeable pain in my fingers and toes, a sty like infection on both eyes, and I've been having light, tan colored and softer than usual stool movements. My stomach has also been feeling weird lately. I don't want to worry about this but its hard to ignore and I really just want to be ok.
Ive also been having ear and jaw pain on my right side and I keep waking up in the middle of the night only getting about two to three hours of sleep.
Not an HIV concern.