HIV Prevention Community
Faint Control Line

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Faint Control Line

im 12 weeks out and I took an Oraquick test yesterday. It came back negative, but the tester was slightly concerned because the control line was faint, and she said she never has seen anything like that before. The was absolutely nothing in the test line.
Edward W Hook, MD  
Jan 04, 2012 ..You keep asking the same questions again and again.  This will be your last answer.  For the 3rd time- "The fact that your OraRapid test control line was faint does not mean that it did not work- believe your test result."

This ends this thread. EWH

1. If you are not going to believe Dr.Hook then why would you believe us?
good point...i guess because the tester alluded to that the last time she got a faint line from someone they wound up testing positive at the 12 week mark...ill end it here though. thanks
I took an oraquick home test three times in as many days. Each time I had a negative result with a faint control line and I am
16 months post exposure.

No peace of mind. Going for blood test Monday. I don't trust the test; I fear false negatives
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.