HIV Prevention Community
False Positives?
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

False Positives?

What is the perecentages of False Positive tests? I know by my own reaserch online that the oral swab rapid test has the highest rates of false positives. The OraQuick finger poke test doesnt have a high rate of false positives but i really cant find any information on that anywhere. What are the chances of a false positive with the OraQuick finger poke test. I am actually more scared of getting a false positive than of actually having the disease. I asked a couple of doctors including Dr. HHH and they all said that NOTHING can impact the test besides actually having HIV. NO meds or other kinds of infections will make the test any different.
Tags: Oral, scared
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
208164_tn?1189759432
One is more likely to have false positives with those tests when they're getting tested before the window period, that's why it's recommended to test at 12/13 weeks.
Blank
Well i know that, i am waiting for just one test at the 12 week mark but i was just wondering what the rate of false positives are?
Blank
You should seek counselling.  What sense does it make to be more afraid of a false positive than of actually having HIV?

If you are so worried about a false positive take a standard blood draw at a clinic.
Blank
208164_tn?1189759432
from what i read on your posts, you don't seem to have a risk. i dont know the rates of false positives for an oraquick test, i just know they're higher within the window period. By the way, SPURS ARE THE BEST! LOL Just had to say that
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...