HIV Prevention Community
Feeling ill after oral sex

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Feeling ill after oral sex

About 3 months ago, I received unprotected oral sex from a woman that I know. I also performed cunnilingus on her. Around 3 - 4 days later I developed a bad sore throat, in which I had white blobs at the back of my throat. I also noticed that the tip of my urethra had become red and slightly inflamed. There was no pain or discharge. I went to see my doctor about my throat and he said that it was tonsillitis and gave me some antibiotics which cleared it up. He took a look at my penis and said that it looks like thrush and he gave me some cream. The cream, however, did not clear up inflammation. I was tested for chlamydia and gonorrhoea around two months later and they came back negative. I feel that I must mention that around 4 to 6 weeks after the oral sex, I had diarrhoea once a week for three weeks.

Now, do I need to be worried about it? The urethra opening hasn't changed, it's still slightly inflamed but hasn't got any better or worse. What about HIV? Do I need to be worried about that and get myself tested?

Thanks in advance.
Oral sex is zero risk for HIV transmission under any circumstance.Read through the thousands of threads and it explains why.All the best.