HIV Prevention Community
Feeling symptoms of HIV infection 5 days after possible exposure

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

I was in Vegas gambling and somehow hooked up with one of the girls that was playing at the table.  We went back to her room and being drunk as I was did not think twice about protecting myself.  We had unprotected anal sex and I also fingered her while also licking my fingers to get her more wet.  This lasted for about 10 minutes or so.  I had really chapped lips that day due to the cold and the next night I noticed I was getting a cold sore.  Well the cold sore outbreak didnt occur until about 30 hours later and it was a really bad case of an outbreak.  Almost 4 cold sores on my bottom lip.  I have had exisiting cold sore outbreaks throughout my life but I cant remember one being this bad.  About 48 hours later, I noticed my lymph node swelled up on my neck a little.  I had a little diahreah that afternoon and by that night I was feeling as if I was coming down with something.  About 3 days after, I started feeling fatigued and loss of appetite and began having trouble sleeping.  About the 4 day, the lymph node in my neck is almost no longer there and its not sore when I touch it as if it went away.  I do have problems sleeping and keep waking up with jerky movements and feeling somewhat dizzy as I start falling asleep only to open my eyes and feel better.  This process takes a while before I finally can rest.  Its the 5th day and I woke up with my shirt damp but with no fever.  The bed was damp as well which tells me I had night sweats.  I went to the doctor and she told me it is highly unlikely I would be feeling any symptoms this early and that I am experiencing the flu.  I still submitted blood for a HIV /STD test anyways but still feel sick and have had sneezing but no coughing and feeling malaise.  Can it be possbile that these are symptoms of an HIV infection only 5 days after high risk exposure? Please help?
Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV. You can test at 3 months post exposure and your test will be conclusive.
Your symptoms are too early to be related to HIV infection from that exposure.  However, you will need to test after three months to determine if you were infected.  The HIV test that you just took is good for a baseline from any previous possible exposures, but will not tell you anything about the exposure that you are describing here as it is way too early to be conclusive.  
Thats exactly what I was told.  The tests are way too early but if I was truly having primary symptoms of an HIV infection then it means I am already building antibodies to it so the test could show positive if that was the case.  She did reassure me that it is highly improbably that these symptoms relate to an HIV infection but rather just another viral infection.  Obviously I am worried and wonder if the anxiety is giving me problems with the REM during sleep.
iam  having no sleep for the past 6 days after a condom break down exposure and i used a spray stud and the condom break down in the last minute ( i dont know how many seconds exactly) i am having a pain in my wrist will it be a aids symptom.
Start your own thread.