HIV Prevention Community
Female to Male transmission question.....statistical probability issue

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I am a 30 year old male....

I have had about 6 different partners over 4 years.  Male to female.  

What is the risk of female to male transmission from one time encounters?  I just had tests done today, and get results next week.  I havent used I guess good judgement when meeting people online, and this is a wake up call.

I have read that female to male, even if the woman is infected is extremely small.  Any type of data to help ease my mind.  It really does give me bad anxiety.  After this, I am not meeting people online ever again.  A friend really snapped my senses together, big wake up call.  Everything I have read points to extremely extremely rare possibility,  less then 1%, but the anxiety is still there...

This discussion is related to Probability of One Time Encounter.

http://aids.about.com/od/hivaidsstats/f/infectionrisk.htm

May help?
How is that probability so low for female to male, 1 in 200,000?  Why is it low?

I am circumcised, since birth.  White caucasian, my partners have been mostly 22-30 yr old white woman, who may have been active themselves.  I went through this same type of anxiety when I was 16.  It's like reliving an old nightmare.

But now that the Internet is here, i can read statistical data, showing that female to male transmission in vaginal intercourse is like .00005%.  This really calms me down, but I'll be ancy until I receive those tests..

I won't have sex probably again until I am married.
Has anyone else experienced severe anxiety while waiting for results, primarily those who just had vaginal interocurse with someone 1 time.  
Im scared too, sex is not worth this kind of fear. Its indescribable. Im trying to remain calm, look at the facts and stick with them. Dont replay over and over the worst outcome, its not healthy, useful, or likely.
Two different woman, within 4 months of each other.  One time the sex barely lasted 1 minute, the other about 10-15 minutes.

From what I read, chances are really minute from female to male, with vaginal sex only, but the worry even at these really low probability levels(thank good ness), still gives me anxiety, and makes my muscles sore.  Do any doctors here have any insight, and input?

I know that when I get my results next week, and they come back fine, and when my anxiety is thrown away, my dedication to God is going to become serious, and I will no longer have fun with people meeting online .  I guess I engaged in this due to lonliness, no relationships......but as you say sared,,,,,,risky sex is not worth this type of fear...

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/709613

Read that sared, odds are overwhelming in our favor.  So this should bring not just me, but you some mental solace until results come in.  Mine are next week.

again, statistics, and medical professionals state it is extremely extremely extremely hard to get hiv from female to male tranmission during vaginal sex.  

In the end, when you 99.9999905 come back with good results.  Change your life.  Engage in good behavior, and dont cave into lust as I have alot.  Ignore dating websites, and maybe blog to others to do the same.
hey, i just came bak from spain,had some nookie with a sex worker whilst being extreemly drunk (no excuse) as i hav a gawjus girl back here at home,since returning my anxiety im hoping has caused me to retrieve every symptom..its been 5 weeks on and i havnt had an hour since returning home without thinking oh dear am i HIV pos...the fear is overwealming combined with depression and guilt,i placed my finger in her vagina and had a cut on it from biting my nails (smoking) i had a cut in my mouth and bleeding gums...she kissed me! i did however as far as im aware use a condom,asmy last ounce of sense allowed me to insist...in two weeks i turn 21...this bday i wont enjoy as im too messed up in the head,im tryin to keep it together for my girls sake because i think iv found the one,im sickened and haunted by one mistake that threatens my dream carreer...future,everytime my gf caughs gets tired etc im on her case...and the stupid thing is i paid for this fear and disaster! im on sleeping pills to take the edge off but at work im a mess,i dont wanna leave my house,my friends question why iv vanished,could i be in serious danger here,
any input would b a comfort and thanks for your time
s.s
DO NOT REPLY TO OLD THREADS.
whatt...... lol
I was in a monogamous relationship for 6 months with a girl who didn't know she was positive.  We didn't use protection.  When she found out that she was positive, I was understandably concerned.  We had had sex 150+ times.  After finding out that she was positive and that I was negative, we started being very careful about protection.
People have asked my why I continued to have sex with her if she was HIV+.
People with the virus should not be cordoned off from society into leper colonies and demonized for their condition.  They aren't evil people.  They aren't 'unclean'.  They are exactly like everyone else.
I am always astounded by the ignorance of the general public in regards to HIV.  Treatments are effective.  Life expectancies are normal if you take care of your health.
70% of HIV positive people will die from something that is not AIDS-related.  They will die of the same things that kill the rest of us: heart disease and cancer.
I guess that my point is this: HIV is not some giant scary monster hiding in your closet waiting to 'get' you the second that you let your guard down.  It's just a virus.
Dear krlfrdchsn,

This is one of the most enlightened comments that I have ever read.  I tend to be overly concerned about medical issues, though after doing some real research, I have concluded that most of the fears that circulate around popular culture are in fact merely fears, based on many people's obsession with worst case scenarios.  Movies and standard literature do nothing except promote such exaggerations.
What are the risk of catching HIV from reviving oral (blowjob) from a girl. I'm realy worried and scared. Can some one please help me with this. I had a itching sensation couple of weeks after and that's about it. No Radha, vomiting. Please can some one help me with this.
Start a thread dedicated just to your question and it will be answered.
I had sex with girl without using condom at last movement for a 16 second before that I am using condom now my question is that in short time HIV can transfer.
Please start thread.