HIV Prevention Community
Fever

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Fever

Okay, before anyone attacks me telling me I need to stop convincing myself I have HIV I would just like to clarify I have never ever had fever in the whole duration of obsessiing with HIV...I am again just asking out of interest...

I just read from the Doc in the forum that ARS symptoms are 'ALWAYS' present with fever. So I'm wondering, is it ever present on its on, unaccompanied with say sore throat or diorrhea?

Please excuse my spelling today x

I would think that if you were experiencing any symptoms of primary HIV infection that you would probably present with more than just the main one (fever). Of course, I am not a doctor, so cannot say for sure.

In my own research into symptoms, I grew extremely frustrated as it seemed that *anything* could be a symptom of HIV infection. So, just stopped looking at it. As the doc says, symptoms mean nothing.

Hopefully, someone a bit more knowledgeable than I will be able to answer your question more fully.
I am totally agreement with Xhost.
ARS symptoms are typical within 2-4 weeks of HIV being acquired.
More than a fever would be typical.
Swollen glands SO hard (like walnuts) would be atypical.
A fever beyond 100
Stop surfing the internet!  If you truly had hiv, yes a high fever as well as other symptoms would be present, (such as a rash.)  However, some people with newly aquired hiv transmission can experience NO symptoms at all.  While it is empowering and mature to know your status, you also have to be realistic of your exposures and realize that you have a better chance of getting eaten by a shark the next time you go swimming in the ocean, then you have of contracting hiv from the incident(s) you are worrying about.
I read recently that anorexia is a symptom of HIV...I'm sorry but that is RIDICULOUS!!! I can gaurantee that me being me, if I had anorexia I would have freaked so it just goes to show that a lot of sites will relate ANYTHING to HIV!!!
If you think you may have been exposed to HIV the only way of knowing is getting tested. It is scary, but think of it this way: If you do not have it, you'll be able to stop worrying, you'll be happier in an instant. If you have it, you should get treated immediately because now a days people with HIV can live very long normal lives without symptoms, but if you don't get treatment, you wave to worry about developing AIDS. I just got tested a week ago.