HIV Prevention Community
Fingering and HIV

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Fingering and HIV

I am freaking out. I was messing around with a guy two weeks ago (just making out, etc) and then I decided to finger him. I kept fingering him and then I noticed some blood under my fingernail as a result of cutting him inside his anus. My fingernail had a tingle to it and when I pressed down it looked like more blood came out. I dont know if I was cut by my own fingernail and/or he was cut inside is anus. I truly believe I had a cut under my finger AND he was cut inside his anus as well and there was blood. I just sent him a text to clarify his status and he said that he is HIV+. What do I do bc I am freaking out? Should I get testing? Was this a risk?

You can stop freaking out right now!!  This is not a risk, you will not get HIV from fingering with or without cuts.

You do not need to test you do not need to worry further about this incident.
Thank you! I was so scared up until you told me this. The blood under my finger and from his anus had me scared. Thank you again!
Nothing to fear, you can forget about this