HIV Prevention Community
Fingering and licking finger with menstrual blood and ulcer concern

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hi Doc

Like many I had a visit to a strip club about 6 months ago. The whole experience was a bit hazy but this what I remember and my resulting concerns.

I had a "lap dance" in a VIP area of the club. During the dance I rubbed her vagina (on the outside at first) then licked my finger to add a bit of lubrication and then inserted my finger a little deeper into her vagina. If i recall correctly I then licked the finger (stupidly) again. Although I don't remember tasting blood, I do remember seeing signs of dried blood around my nails later that evening which would imply there was some around (possibly menstrual). Other then that at the time I had a mouth ulcer (small with white covering) inside my bottom lip and a history of bleeding gums (although to be honest not at the time, i don't think!). Also I had some small tears around my finger nails which reading on your site i understand to be of little concern.

Now here are my questions
1. Is there any worry of the vaginal fluids / blood from her vagina being passed to my mouth from my finger, coming into contact with my ulcer / bleeding gums when I licked the finger and passing on the HIV virus?
2. Does the ulcer / bleeding gums increase the chances
3. Could the small tears near my finger nails give me a chance of being the first person in history to become infected by fingering considering there was some blood around! (I think i know the answer to this one)
4. Also I forgot - there was a brief French kiss. If she had some blood in her mouth form licking her own fingers could there be a possibilty of being infected this way.

I am aware of many similar situations but wanted to ask you about my specific case as the anxiety is really taking it's toll on me, my work and relationship.

Thanks in advance!

Also I posted and paid for this question in the Doctors forum. Any idea how long a reply usually takes?
NOT a HIV concern.

NONE of your will put you at risk.

HIV is transmitted to adults only by :
unprotected ano/vagino genital penetrative sex,
sharing works with IV drug users.
thanks very much for your response.