HIV Prevention Community
Fingering with Cut

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Fingering with Cut

Sorry for the english I am from Portugal but living in Africa now.
I've been reading this forum for a little while now: I have a doubt in my mind.
I fingered a confirmed hiv positive person (a friend) with no gloves and after that I found myself a cut in my finger.
Meanwhile she was giving me a hand job .
At the time of the fingering i didnt feel a sting or pain only afterwards.
Maybe because i was in the heat of the moment and your blood gets hot therefore u dont feel nothing. I am now with the WHAT IF on my mind.
WHAT IF i cut myself without noticing on her trousers or zipper????
WHAT IF I cut myself in something before inserting my finger where the sun dont shine???
WHAT IF....

Two weeks later after i ignored the cut as i read here no chance of infection trough these kind of route here on medhelp, a mistery ilness began.

1. STOMACH PAIN
2.NAUSEA
3.VOMITING
4.RASHES ON UPPER CHEST (where the hair follicle is) AND BOILS ON BOTH ARMS (symmetrical)
5.DRY MOUTH AND MOUTH ULCERS
6.INDIGESTION
7.MILD FEVER (37.3 c)
8.MUSCLE AND JOINT PAIN AND SCALP ITCHING
9.LACK OF APPETITE
10.MILD HEADACHES

I experienced these symptoms for more than 2 months I guess, not refrainig that i was during the time SUPER DUPPER ANXIOUS and couldn't sleep with worry.

Do these symptoms look like ARS to you?

Do I have to test???

I had unprotected sex with my wife and she has itchy rashes on forearms, thighs and hands.

Tell me please what U think about it....
Tags: HIV
You did not have a risk. Stop the what if's or if you can't I suggest you see a therapist to help.
Hi teak and Lizzie,
Any input????
Nothing more to add.
is there any need for testing? Can i have unprotected sex with my wife without doubt?
Because i called an hiv hotline in my country and they said that if my wound was bleeding at time of the fingering it is a high risk.
So now where do i stand?
Hi lizzie please can u comment on this?
Sorry but i  am to scared because of the symptoms i had...
You guys are the best.

Cheers
Wow you don't give up do you? So how many people have to tell you no risk before you believe them???
My friends i cant understand why there isnt a risk with fingering if you have a wound in your hand.
There are reports of people infected trough wounds.
You guys are giving wrong info and people are not testing because of you.
If they do get infected trough your no risk evaluationn episode they will infect others. Because each individual is different as each situation is.u just cant say  no risk because u wasn there.
Hey costa,

heres my input: its VERY understandable for you to not fully accept the answers here at once no matter how many times people say NO risk move on to you. Im sure u went on numerous other websites, heard fingering is low risk and the possiblity of cut and sores let it seep through making it possible. Whether it was CDC or some other credible looking website. So ur thinking so why is this one any different? Its another website, the people here weren't there to see what you experienced nor do u think u fully knew the extent of what u did since u don't remember. You also think what if im that unlucky one, what if i had a different body than other people since not one body is the same, what if i had a weak outer skin that was an exception to the rule, that somehow unnoticed blood seeped into ur weak skin before air was able to kill it.  

And obviously u will not be satisfied with LOw risk 99% not getting it because what if you are that unlucky person? U want 100% and no less, but ur answers r never 100% from what u heard because people tell u that SCIENCE is never 100%. When they say not 100% they don't mean rolling a dice. Its like theres 1 percent chance that the dumbest scientist in the world can miss millions of virus cells during an hiv test because hes extremely blind its like looking at an apple and telling me its not red cause one tiny spot on the apple has a brown dot. Theres no way that anyone is that blind ever. Now that u know im on ur page read on.

Heres another very crucial part: when people say 1 in 100,000 to get it, its NOT the example of playing rolling a dice or russian roulette, or spin the wheel. Where its totally chance and ur not in control, what the 1 in 100,000 means more like a few soldiers fighting an entire country, meaning you are in control and know your risk. This means that if u fingered with a cut, the other websites say its low risk because a superficial cut is like a weak almost defeated soldier trying to escape 3 million enemy soldiers who already have him surrounded in a circle miles thick with no air space to leave. The example is not rolling a dice where you can roll it and any number from 1 - 100,000 can happen where no promising defenses are present. Your finger has many darn layers, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER: Outside temperature is air and AIR is literally everywhere u know theres absolutely no way theres an exception to that or else u can't breath, and air are molecules which are everywhere to get into ur skin and wrap up around every single virus cell there is. Even though this is already overkill, ur blood from the inside is pushing outward, which im pretty sure combined with the air, the virus is the soldier in the example.

To furthermore add, no fingering cases ever recorded. im sure u weren't really satisfied hearing it before because u thought u could be an exception. But read my post and figure for urself now. Because even if there were one recorded case if u think that was an exception think about this, if there was only one, how is that credible. People in worse case scenarios than u have been fingers other people probably every day and millions of people do it for over TWENTY years of recording. And people do not entirely remember what they did when they r drunk, intoxicated, etc. so that one case cannot be credible.

Good example is deep kissing, the CDC says its low risk along with other sites quoting it out there and here they said NO risk. If you research, theres one "supposed" case in 1997 that deep kissing infected a woman from her male partner. So out of 20 years of millions of people kissing every day having probably all sorts of variations of kissing with all sorts of dental conditions, theres one case. U think oh what if thats the exception, if it can happen to one person then it can happen again. Well the man was infected through drug abuse through needles, so tell me, what are the odds his partner or him did drugs or drank enough that they don't remember what they did sexually. Because she got it like a year after, they musta deep kissed like crazy already numerous times. Yes bodies are different but theres certain things which all bodies have in order to SURVIVE. This should cover every doubt you will have in ur life.
Ok. I also had the following symptoms:

- CHEST PAIN
- RACING HEART
- BURNING SKIN
- HIVES

I am almost 100% sure im infected trough this, because i am feeling bad as hell and my body feels strange since then.

MAybe ill be the unlucky one to be infected trough a cut on the finger...
As we say "**** HAPPENS".

My symptoms started exactly 2 weeks from the exposure.
And she hurted my **** trough hand job so another worry for me... because she had vaginal fluids on her finger.

Bye
Sorry  for this mess but:

Please answer my questions or ill stay crazy like this:

1. Need to test?
2. Risk free from the handjob also?
3. Can I resume unprotected with wifey?
4. Can i indulge again  in those fingering and handjobs without fear of becoming infected?

Thanks for your cooperation without you guys i would be in an asylum because of my anxiety.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
hi
i also have the same symptoms that you have, how many days of your last exposure
can you tell me, r you tested for hiv or not ,
i suggest you to take a cbc blood test and an elisa.
and tell me your cbc count.
MOVE ON...

you have a reliable and conclusive test result proving that you do not have hiv.
Can you give me your advice on my case?
PLEASE im desperate.

Thank you
you had a correct assessment...nothing more to add
costa, please reread the posts u got. I think i answered all ur what ifs already. Just remember that if ur skin or whatever ur thinking is what if, if it was the unlucky exception, it would not just be hiv getting into u. u would constantly be getting sick with all sorts of different viruses because u can't just let one virus in if ur skin is weak viruses that nobody else would usually get and that u can know , u'd let anything outside in and there are alotta stuff out there.
Hello there,

I tried to post a new thread but someone deleted it.
My question is can I finger my new girlfriend without having any risk for HIV.
She is HIV POSITIVE and is pregnant 6 months, and is not on any treatment of any kind.
Can i finger with cuts on my fingers???
We dont have sex only mutual masturbation.

Cheers
As you have been told countless times already, HIV is not transmitted by fingering.  

It's interesting that you were so freaked out by this, but are now considering doing this again.  Maybe you shouldn't - it doesn't sound as if your nerves can handle it.

Aj
costa... if ur not gonna believe anything at least explain the parts of what don't u believe in..
Hey Guys I didn't have the courage to go test. I am still afraid of bring infected trough mutual masturbation with a small cut in my hand.
I am now aware that most of my symptoms are much consistent with anxiety but sometimes my head starts with the WHAT IF?

No one in the history of HIV acquired it trough fingering with a cut???
How can we be so sure about it???

I am still a little bit scared and freaked about that cut that i found after fingering. It was really fresh guys...

Well if i test ill post the results

Hope i wont be the first case of fingering infection
Go get tested for your peace of mind, collect your inevitable NEGATIVE and please move on with your lfe.

"No one in the history of HIV acquired it trough fingering with a cut???
How can we be so sure about it??? "

We know because some of us have made a career of treating, researching, and tracking HIV infections. Some here even live with the disease daily, they are more informed  than most of us medical people here. They've made it their mission to inform accurately, so no one has to go through what they are. You won't be misinformed here.
Sorry to ask but who are you Jean Claude???Do you have any background in HIV and AIDS?
U are relatively new to this forum...

I know that the experts are Teak and others.
Teak please answer...
Or Lizzie Lou, im desperate for help.
Not new here. Haven't answered questions in a while as I have been in rural India performing HIV testing and giving care.

-JC-
Sorry i didnt read your profile!!!
I just thought u were another person just  like me!!!
Thanks for the help then.
The work you do is priceless.

So Finger with cut inside a hiv positive person for 5 minutes - NO RISK?I didnt see any blood in my cut.
NO RISK
You stupidly refuse to accept the expert advice you've received here, you keep coming back with all your "what if's," which these folks have more than generously answered for you in great detail.........and yet, you remain, you re-post, you continue to doubt & question, you continue to engage in sex outside your marriage........you, my friend, are a moron.
And while it may be different in your country, when you ask if you can "resume UNPROTECTED sex with WIFEY," the only image I get of you is that of a pig! If you're going to run around sticking various parts of your anatomy into other women, then at least have the bloody decency to protect the woman you've married and presumably love by always having PROTECTED sex with HER. She doesn't deserve to be put at risk because you're an irresponsible a-hole!
You then state you have a new girlfriend who you KNOW is HIV+ and continue to ask the same quesitons about your risks! That you would knowinly engage in any kind of sexual activity with this woman is simply astounding to me! You are totally freaked out by possible risks from someone whose status you don't know, and yet, here you are with someone who has what you apparently fear most..........what do you want these people to tell you? Are you expecting them to tell you to go ahead and have sex with this new woman knowing you are desperately in need of professional help for your OCD type thinking, your rampant paranoia, your utter selfish stupidity?
This is not my forum and my presence here is probably not appreciated. I am no expert on HIV, but these folks ARE, so when they ban you from here, do NOT come over to the Anxiety Forum! There will be no help or sympathy for you there. Head for the nearest mental health clinic......ASAP!

(My apologies to Teak and Lizzie for sticking my nose in here...........just came by for an update and could not help myself when I read this thread. I'll try not to do it again!)  
Green Lydia,
Yes you're right I am a moron but what can I do, Im only Human and I will try never to engage in that sort of behavior again in my life.

From now on i will be sexually active only with my wife which I love.
I am feeling awful for what i have done.

I am glad that I didnt have a risk and will hopefully never put myself in that situation again.

I thank you Teak, Vance, J.C.
Trying to move On and feeling like Im going to be the first infected trough this
OMG...Im just astounded by this thread.

FIRST...you're absolutely FREAKING out about the situation you had...fingering with a cut on an HIV + person...you're deathly afraid you've infected your wife....

only to come back a few pists later asking if it is OKAY to commence the exact same behavior (on an infected person)...with your NEW girlfriend?

I tell you.....I feel for your wife.  Sheeeesh.

While you didn't have a risk for HIV....you certaintly had a risk for other STD's....and could certainly pass THOSE on to your wife.  You ought to give THAT some thought.

Oh, and the symptoms you mentioned sound like anxiety...which, from the behavior it sounds like you engage in on a regular basis behind your wife's back...no wonder you're anxious, you should be.

As a rule, we do not pass judgement on our posters....and we see a LOT of infidelity...but this thread just blew me away, and I just HAD to remove the theoretical duct tape this once.
nursegirl,   I'll give you a pass on this one. I wanted to say something to that effect. I guess my former life as a Mental Health Professional tightened my lips. Indeed this person has very poor decision-making skills and appears to be quite selfish regarding his wife's health and safety.This is evidenced by all of the "I's. in his posts. Many of his problems are obviously self-induced through his poor concept of cause and effect. He needs to seek counseling concerning his marriage and some serious soul searching over his compulsions. Obviously I don't usually pass judgement publicly this way, this is indeed the exception.

-JC-
LOL...amen, JC.  Well said.
The true story is:
I was lying about the second ''girlfriend''. It doesn't exist. It was only a way of asking the same question again for reassurance.
I cheated my wife 2 times in a massage parlour only fingering a girl there whose status in unknown (but I suspect shes poz because she says she has unprotected sex), and I didn't like doing this but at times my wife doesn't like 2 have sex because she feels tired or so.
So i would never ever thought of having unprotected sex with someone instead of her and putting her at risk. Never done that with another person. Those two times I went to the massage parlour I had a fight with her thats why i went there and regreted afterwards.
The whole girlfriend episode was only a way to repeat the question about the risk without u guys being mad.
I guess those 2 times that i cheated in 6 years of marriage is just too much.
Sorry if u were offended

Thank you all
"I guess those 2 times that i cheated in 6 years of marriage is just too much.
Sorry if u were offended "

That's the problem my friend. You don't think so. You need some Professional help my friend. You need to think of others, not only your own sexual gratification. It isn't cool, sly, slick, or mackdaddyish to betray those who love you enough to share their lives with you giving you the greatest gift a man could get, a child. Masturbate, make love to a watermelon, jello, pillows, couch cushion, whatever you have to do to protect your family dude. That's what a man who "LOVES" does for those he "LOVES" and who "LOVE" him.

-JC-
Thanks for everything J.C.
I will come clean with my wife about those escapades.Thats the right thing to do.
I hope she forgives me.
I was thinking with the other head.
Great words..Read it again and again.
Please do not pull up and post to old threads.
would be interesting to find out what happend to costa seeing that im currently experiencint the exact same symtoms (symptoms) through the exact same "low RISk" activity