HIV Prevention Community
Flase positive or Negative?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Flase positive or Negative?

In June 2005 I tested positive with a VL of 330,000 and antibody test at this time it was non react which for what I have read is negative for the antibodies, I decided back then to start treatment right away (Truvada & Sustiva) due to the high VL, I got a geno and phenotype test done before starting treatment, Dr. check for antibodies at this time and still non react, during treatment I've been watching my counts very closely, which I've been undetectable since 08/2005, my VL went from 330,000 to undetectable in a period of two months and it has been that way, CD4 counts ranging at the beginning out of range, I don't know what this mean but anyways, DR. ordered a new test and CD4's were 286 at the beginning of treatment, and they have been in the range of 380-510. Last month my Dr. ordered my routine labs by fax and by error, the lab had a request for a lipid panel only, I told the lab person that it was an error and that they needed to contact my Dr. I live in a city where we have a 24HRS lab and I usually go to the lab late at night after work, so they were unable to contact my Drs office at this time, the lab person draw blood to do the other routine tests and because wasn't sure what test to run they run RNA ultra sensitive, rDNA and PCR Quantative and antibody, ultra sensitive results *=out of range, rDNA <75, and PCR quantative <50, wich is good, undetectable levels, now my main question is the antibody test was ran again and the result it was non react, which my understanding still NEGATIVE for antibodies after two years of infection, do you believe that the fist set of test there were false positive and now these new test are false Negative or what's going on?, by the way this is a great site and I apologized for this huge text and amount of mix questions. Thank you and have a great day
Tags: sustiva
Have you seen an HIV specialist during this time frame ?
Is there any reported case of False Positive PCR test in such high viral Load?. Or It could be becuase of Laborotory errors?.
Your story isnt adding up here answer the question
Sorry to say, This question is asked in another site, and got tensed because of the antibody test and antibodies generation, I had 3 antibody test  negative after a minor exposure. Pls give me ur thoughts on this query and making me worried after reading this. Again not sure about authority of this question?
You are wanting me to believe you have a low CD4 and a VL of 330,000 and a non-reactive antibody test? It is not going to happen.
Teak, could you please explain , is it because of immune systems damage that caused antibody not to produce, also after having the treatment that caused the undetectable level of viral load again caused antibody not to produce because of lack of virus (As it is undetectable)?.
Please stop with the nonsense if you even had hiv you would be seeing an hiv specialist