HIV Prevention Community
For Wear/a/Jimmy

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

For Wear/a/Jimmy

Could you  please tell  me the reason why in Thailand they use RNA DNA PCR for testing purpose and where did you find this info. Thanks
Avatar n tn
Avatar n tn
I didn't find the info, I lived it.

PCR tests are common here, I probably have had 4 or them. They range in price from around 50$ to 200$. To the best of my knowledge there is only one lab in the nation that process the results so price does not determine quality, where the sample is taken and the speed of results determine the quality. You usually get the results in 2-3 days for an expensive PCR on the cheap, 2 weeks.

I have heard and read that they have a reputation for false positives, but I never got one, and it was something I was willing to go through. Risk level broken condom w/ CSW & blood exposure from CSW.

It was a horrid experience... glad it is over... pretty much.
Avatar n tn
I'm still inside......and it's still  horrid.
Thanks.
well get out