HIV Prevention Community
Getting it from blood contact

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Getting it from blood contact

3 MONTHS AGO I WAS REALLY DRUNK AND MADE OUT WITH THIS WOMAN WHO DOES HAVE HIV...ANYWAYS WE WERE ALL OUT DRINKING HAVING FUN AND ME AND HER WERE MAKING OUT.... SHE LITERALLY BUSTED MY LIP OPEN. SHE BIT REALLY HARD ON MY LIP AND I WAS BLEEDING... I WAS REALLY DRUNK SO I DIDNT FEEL IT THAT MUCH.... THE NEXT DAY WHEN I WOKE UP I SEEN I HAD 2 REALLY BAD BITE MARKS ON MY LIPS AND DRYED BLOOD AND A SCAB ON MY BOTTOM LIP... NOW I KNOW SHE HAS HIV AND IM COMPLETELY NERVOUS!!!!! IM SCARED I MIGHT HAVE CAUGHT IT NOW BECAUSE SHE COULD HAVE BEEN BLEEDING FROM HER GUMS OR HER LIPS ALSO AND MADE CONTACT WITH MY CUT WHEN SHE WAS MAKING OUT WITH ME.... MY LIP WAS REALLY SWOLLEN THE NEXT DAY. IVE BEEN LOOKING ONLINE AND SOME SAY ITS A REALLY LOW CHANCE OF GETTING IT BUT ITS A POSSIBILITY. SOME SITES ARE SAYING ITS IMPOSSIBLE.... WHAT SHOULD I DO?
I say no risk because there are bacteria and enzymes in saliva that render the virus inactive as does exposure to air........all of which are abundant in any oral contact.
Even if she DID have some bleeding, the above explains why this was a no risk exposure.

Since you are concerned about your risk from making out with this woman, you have two options. Either give it a pass the next time or accept that kissing and oral sex are safe.
Just sayin'....................  

THE FIRST THING YOU SHOULD DO IS STOP YELLING. PLEASE!

You had no risk and do not need to test.

Unless you actually LIKE pain with your kissing, and NOT because your friend is HIV+, the next time you two decide to make out, you could ask her nicely to please not bite you until you bleed.
I think everybody enjoys some nibbling, but lets leave the bloodshed to vampires.
lol sorry i didnt realize i had the caps on... but why do you say no risk? blood to blood contact is a transmission of HIV... and her busting open my lip would mean she could have transfered her blood into my cut on my lip

Just sayin'....................