HIV Prevention Community
HIV / STD Risk, & Anxiety

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV / STD Risk, & Anxiety

Exactly a week ago today I had a sexual encounter with a sex worker. She performed unprotected oral sex on me for literally a few seconds (one pump only) and we then had protected vaginal sex. Ever since then I have been panicking and extremely scared regarding the risk of contracting an STD or HIV. Yesterday I got a pimple near my lips (not on my lips exactly), however, I popped it and it seems to be healing fine. And today I am feeling a slight itch and a slight tingling in my genital area. Am I supposed to be worried about an STD/HIV or is it just my anxiety that is causing my mind to play tricks on me by displaying these symptoms and I do not need to worry / test?
You never had an exposure.
I have been feeling a pain in my knee for the whole day and I have iced it and it still does not go away. It is not an unbearable pain but it is an annoyance, could this be a symptom for HIV or any other STD or am I overthinking?
It has nothing to do with HIV. If you are concerned see a doctor.
So it could not be ghonnorea or anything of that sort because I read that some types of STDs cause joint pain? I'm sorry for annoying you but I'm just really nervous.
You do not have an HIV concern.
What about other STDs? I am really sorry for asking frequently and I promise this is my last question
All STD questions have to be posted in the STD forum.