HIV Prevention Community
HIV - speed of symptoms

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV - speed of symptoms

I am HIV+ My GF and I had unprotected sex 48 hours ago - I ejaculated but not inside her.

We had sex again 24 hours later - protected as we usually do and she noticed she had a discharge of blood from her vagina soon after. She has also been feeling sick today.

Is it possible that this is a symptom she has contracted the virus? Everything I have read and been told by my Dr. is that this could not happen so fast...

Is there anything she could take this soon after exposure to prevent the virus from manifesting itself.

A little worried to say the least!
I won't ask why you had unprotected sex and you are HIV+. She has up to 72 hours to get on PEP. Contact your doctor now or his on call person. Symptoms don't mean a thing when and here came on to early. She does need to seek treatment.
Gese go to the emergency room if you have to f.
I will only say, knowing your own status and even then going unprotected with someone you love (do you,,? really) is something that can't be justified on any grounds.Follow the advise of Teak and seek immediate advice on PEP for her by qualified medical doctor.