Aa
A
A
Close
HIV - speed of symptoms
I am HIV+ My GF and I had unprotected sex 48 hours ago - I ejaculated but not inside her.

We had sex again 24 hours later - protected as we usually do and she noticed she had a discharge of blood from her vagina soon after. She has also been feeling sick today.

Is it possible that this is a symptom she has contracted the virus? Everything I have read and been told by my Dr. is that this could not happen so fast...

Is there anything she could take this soon after exposure to prevent the virus from manifesting itself.

A little worried to say the least!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I won't ask why you had unprotected sex and you are HIV+. She has up to 72 hours to get on PEP. Contact your doctor now or his on call person. Symptoms don't mean a thing when and here came on to early. She does need to seek treatment.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Gese go to the emergency room if you have to f.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
366749 tn?1370585676
I will only say, knowing your own status and even then going unprotected with someone you love (do you,,? really) is something that can't be justified on any grounds.Follow the advise of Teak and seek immediate advice on PEP for her by qualified medical doctor.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources