HIV Prevention Community
HIV & Black Women

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV & Black Women

Hello again,

I was hoping that someone could shed some light on the recent statistic that I read somewhere, citing that Black women are somehow more prone to getting HIV and their numbers are rising.  Of course this is not verbatim.

Can anyone shed some light on this phenomenon?

I am a Black female and unforunately a high-end CSW.  I don't want to end up contracting this disease, on the job I am very careful.  In my personal life, I recently let that slip and I fully blame myself for such a bad decision.

J
African Americans have a higher rate of HIV in general, but this does not mean just because you are black you have a higher risk of getting HIV. Black, White Etc. a risk is a risk. Always use condoms for vaginal and anal sex if your partners status is unknown.

Hope this helps
Has to do with poverty rate in the black community, in poverty theres more drug use(IV) , theres a high rate of blacks in prisons and you are more likely to have HIV if in prison. Less prevention education in pverty stricken communities. The majority of black women get HIV from Hetero sex from black men that aren't honest about their backgrounds.But as nIck said HIV is not a nias disease anyone of any race can get it, the circumstances around the black community make them more at risk, not the color of their skin . JUst use protection and get tested regularly if you are a CSW.  
THank you

I will take your words to heart.
I am in a precarious situation with no legal work permit, but I will look for server positions and maybe even work in construction.
I am very sorry to hear about your ailment and as for myself, I have learned my lesson.  I have a swollen lymph node in my groin region but am hoping it is not the thing I dread most.
Were you in the escorting business as well?

J