HIV Prevention Community
HIV & Hepatitis C Test

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV & Hepatitis C Test

When you go for a test for HIV, does it include any infection to Hepatitis in the results?

One more question: Can someones urine infect you with Hepatitis or is it direct blood to blood contact only?
It's not only blood to blood. Depends on which hepatitis it is and no it is not standard for them to do a hepatitis test if you go in for an HIV test. Urine is sterile.

An HIV test will noit test for Hepatitis.
If it is Hepatitis C you are concerned about it is a seperate test and has a window period of 6 months.
Hepatitis can be sexually transmitted but in 75% of cases it is through blood transfer e.g. needlestick injuries and needle sharing.
Avatar n tn
So urine can not infect a person with HIV or Hepatitis C?
Avatar n tn
I have not had sex or been in contact with blood. I was just thinking about Hepatitis C and how it is passed.
no, like teak said its sterile
Avatar n tn
My dad is in his late 60's if he had Hepatitis C would it show signs by now? Overall he is in pretty good health and fit for his age. I am just worried sometimes if he has it because he bleeds often in the house by cuts and stuff. Just worried about infection.
Avatar n tn
Is Hepatitis C easy to catch?
You would be better off taking your question to the Hepatitis Forum. This is the HIV forum.
Dude this is a HIV forum !! Take your concerns over to the other forums .
hep c is not easy to catch and if dad bleeds all over the house i suggest universal safe procedures to clean up the mess. Do you think your dad is infected? Also this is an hiv board not hep.
Avatar n tn
thanks for the help, guys.
Avatar n tn
No, i do not think he is infected, i guess it is just in my mind.