HIV Prevention Community
HIV /STD transmission after protected sex and symptoms

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

I had protected vaginal intercourse with a condom and received protected oral with a prostitute.  I was drunk so my penis was semi-hard.  However, I remember removing the condom after intercourse and disposing.  The only thing worth noting is that some vaginal fluid from the base of my penis remained and it may have transferred over while I was wiping my penis off with a wet towel.  

2 weeks later I have the following symptoms:

Sore throat
Muscle aches
Dull pain in groin area
Burning feeling on my penis head
Clear sticky discharge from penis
Diarrhea

You will say there was no risk for HIV, but how do you explain my symptoms?  Could it be other STDs?
OK, then please answer one question.

Have you ever saw a case where a man and a woman engaged in protected vaginal sex with a condom yet still HIV was transmitted from female to male even though the condom did not fail?
No ! If the condom is made of synthatic material and it does not fail during sex, protection is 100%