HIV Prevention Community
HIV-1 Antigen P24

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV-1 Antigen P24

today i got this test result:

HIV-1 Antigen P24 (BS): 0.23

Not detectable

Not detectable- 0.99

does this mean that i'm safe and not having the HIV Antigen in my body?
or that i have it by 0.23?

i had this test 38 days after my exposure.... is this test accurate after 38 days?
Tags: HIV, p24, antigen
You should have had that test at 4 weeks when the p24 antigen is at it's peak.Why didn't you have a duo that would have looked for antibodies aswell.Test again at 12 weeks for a conclusive result.
so that test means just nothing?!
can't it be at least some relief for me?!
and i forgot to mention that i had an antibody test in the same day with this test too.... and it was NEGATIVE

the antibody test was:
HIV Ag/Ab (CMIA)
and it was in the same day (after 38 days from exposure)

Negative
Look,any negative test result is great and you should be happy with your result but 12 weeks is when it will be conclusive.Just have an Elisa antibody test then.
well... the HIV Ag/Ab  CMIA test that i had was negative... and when i asked in the lab about it... they told me that it is done by ELISA method
I thought you just had a p24 antigen test.Looks like you had the DUO so that is an even better result for you.It would be looking for antibodies aswell.In any event you still require testing at 12 weeks.
well, it wasn't a DUO test :)
i had the HIV-1 Antigen P24
then when i knew that it is just for the ANTIGEN, i had another separate test in the same day and it was HIV Ag/Ab (CMIA)... so both tests were done at 38 days from exposure

please, aren't these negative results for both testsaccurate by any mean?
and i'm planing to retest at 12 weeks just to be 100% sure
Stop testing,I just looked through your previous posts and you never had a risk.Please stop with this anxiety for nothing.Get on with your life.For the last time,you never had an Hiv risk.
ok
thanks for your help
really appreciated :)
You're welcome.Look after yourself and relax now.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.