HIV Prevention Community
HIV/AIDS or other STDs through cut on penis

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hello, I have recently received unprotected oral sex from another man. During the climax of the oral sex, blood became running out of my penis through a cut or opening on the inner-side of the tip of my penis. I do not know if this was cause by the use of his teeth (it was slightly rough), a busted blood vessel from the pressure of the sucking, or anything else. The bleeding was intense, but only lasted for three second I washed my penis, the cut, and the opening a few minutes after the oral sex. An hour and a half later, I used alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, along with more soap and water to clean my penis, the cut, the tip, the opening and deeper inside the opening. I am worried that saliva may have mixed with my blood and enter my cut. However, even though I cleaned my penis with strong medical materials, I am still worried. Can I contract anything from this and if so, when and how should I be tested?
While I thank you for informing me that I do not have to have HIV/AIDs concern here, I do not appreciate being called a liar. My story is true, what would I gain from it if it wasn't? And now, since you evidently think you know everything, perhaps you would know what the bleeding was caused by or what other STDs I have to worry about?
STD questions post in the STD forum.

But bleeding that is "intense" does not stop in 3 seconds. Blood clotting agents do not work that quickly.
I know, which is why I was worried. I think the main reason is because I had an erection and as soon as the blood came out, the erection went down and then the bleeding stopped. I wanted a second opinion on that though because I know that clotting agents do not work that fast. And by intense, I do not mean like gushing large amounts of blood. There was enough blood however totally soak 4 napkins to the point in which they were dripping. So, unless it was because all the blood that was in the erection was let out, I do not know why or how this happend
Hi there -

Let's keep the fighting out of this.

As Teak mentioned, this is no risk. HIV is not transmitted via saliva, and is only transmitted by blood, semen, vaginal secretions and breast milk. Since none of those fluids came into contact with your bleeding penis, you had no risk.

STD questions do belong in the STD forum, but for brevity and to end the questions about whether or not the bleeding happened, the only STDs you'd be at risk for from receiving oral sex are gonorrhea, syphilis, and genital herpes type 1, and these are a risk for anyone receiving oral sex. If you have further questions about STDs from oral sex, please post in the STD Community. http://www.medhelp.org/forums/STDs/show/98

This will end this thread.

Emily

**************** CLOSED THREAD ********************
             NO MORE POSTS, PLEASE