HIV Prevention Community
HIV Concern

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV Concern

I work in law enforcement and the other day at the hospital two hiv patients had been in a fight and had blood on thier hands and faces.  When I entered the room I used my forearm to open the door, I'm not sure if any blood was on the door.  I spoke with the parties and left.  When I got home I noticed a cut on the same forearm, I had a long sleeve shirt on at the time.  Was I at risk, do I need testing.
Thanks.
No you were not at risk and no you do not need to test.
You had no risk and most officiers wear protective gloves these days.Hiv becomes inactive once exposed to air and therefore is unable to infect you.
so TWO people WITH HIV were in a fight...went to the hospital...and were put in the SAME room?

really?
that's why we were called to seperate the.
Thanks for giving me peace of mind.