Aa
A
A
Close
HIV ELISA test accuracy 9 weeks??
I had a questionable encounter with a female i met online through dating site. I live in Canada and had a protected sex (latex condom) later to realize that her periods were on and i had blood all over the condom but the condom didn't fail at all. Also I i had received Fellatio (BJ) from her.

The whole episode (blood on the condom) disgusted me so much that i started reading blogs about STD's and got really anxious. I went for the HIV ELISA test after 9 weeks (63 days) and it came back negative. After the negative report, I got hold of my life and started living normally but then suffered from Diarrhea 6 moths after ( on my trip to India - may be i ate lot of road side food) the last exposure which has made me anxious again.

Q1 - Can i be very sure that HIV ELISA test at 9 weeks is accurate at 9 weeks and i require no more testing?
Q2 - Is it possible to get HIV from Fellatio (I was the receiver)

Am i worrying unnecessarily or do you think I should go for test again?

Please suggest as i am unable to enjoy my life as i keep thinking about it all the time. Thanks!
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Just want to clarify that the Fellatio I received was unprotected. DO you still think I am safe? Thanks!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Yes you are safe.Oral sex is zero risk for HIV transmission.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources