HIV Prevention Community
HIV ELISA test accuracy 9 weeks??

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV ELISA test accuracy 9 weeks??

I had a questionable encounter with a female i met online through dating site. I live in Canada and had a protected sex (latex condom) later to realize that her periods were on and i had blood all over the condom but the condom didn't fail at all. Also I i had received Fellatio (BJ) from her.

The whole episode (blood on the condom) disgusted me so much that i started reading blogs about STD's and got really anxious. I went for the HIV ELISA test after 9 weeks (63 days) and it came back negative. After the negative report, I got hold of my life and started living normally but then suffered from Diarrhea 6 moths after ( on my trip to India - may be i ate lot of road side food) the last exposure which has made me anxious again.

Q1 - Can i be very sure that HIV ELISA test at 9 weeks is accurate at 9 weeks and i require no more testing?
Q2 - Is it possible to get HIV from Fellatio (I was the receiver)

Am i worrying unnecessarily or do you think I should go for test again?

Please suggest as i am unable to enjoy my life as i keep thinking about it all the time. Thanks!
Just want to clarify that the Fellatio I received was unprotected. DO you still think I am safe? Thanks!
Yes you are safe.Oral sex is zero risk for HIV transmission.