HIV Prevention Community
HIV Exposure and ELISA Testing after 2 years

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Dear experts,
Around 2 years back I had an exposure of HIV. My action was that I got masterbation (masturbation) from a prostitute. I sucked her breast. I dont know whether there was any breast milk or not. But let there be breast milk. I did not do any other thing means no sex nothing.
After 4-5 days i had various symptoms which still continues. Symptoms like.. Armpit paining (like pinning, growining area paining, Neck and shoulder node pain) muscle twitching, some sound in stomach (Still today it is there), Whitining of Tongue (Still there), Headache, fatigue, skin rash( I think) which is still coming  white pimples like o n face and desapear in 3-4 days. Taste of mouth changed.
After around 2 years day before yesterday i went for Anti HIV (BY ELISA) testing which claimed to detect both for HIV p24 Antigen and HIV1/2 Antibodies .

Result shown is   0.08 (<1.0,Nnon-reactive.) for HIV

I also undergone test for HBSAG. That also by Australia Antigen. that also Non reactive. Value-0.01 (Non Reactive <0.05).

Now I want to confirm
1) wheather this is confirmative result?
2)How much I can trust on  accuracy of ELISA for HIV?
3) Do I need other type of testing?

Please suggest. I have to go for medical check up for my JOB. I want to get marry in next few month. please guide me.
At no time did you have an exposure to HIV.
Thanks for your reply.
Please tell me Is ELISA good test. What is the accuracy for it?
What is the chances of its false result? Is the testing period ok means after 2 years.

Also I have posted my result here because many will be relaxed by this.
Please reply me experts.
You never had an exposure.
Please tell me is ELISA the accurate test to for detection. Or any further test is needed.
Why do you want to test? I read your post.....

"Around 2 years back I had an exposure of HIV. My action was that I got masterbation (masturbation) (masturbation) from a prostitute. I sucked her breast. I dont know whether there was any breast milk or not. But let there be breast milk. I did not do any other thing means no sex nothing. "

HIV is not and cannot be transmitted that way. Testing for it would be a waste of resources and emotional energy.

But, since you asked...yes an ELISA antibody test at three months exposure would be the appropriate test for someone that actually had a real risk. But you are not someone who had a risk and hence, you do not need to test!

Thanks for your reply...
I had already done my test by ELISA...after 2 years of my action.
Its is nonreactive. I have written my test result value above.
Thanks.
Someone please tell me about the ELISA testing, Its accuracy, and is it good if testing is done after 2 years.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.