HIV Prevention Community
HIV/Gonorrhea if tip of penis touches vagina?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hi, I'm sorry, but I'm very worried and would like to get some people's opinion on this. I apologize for being explicit with the following description, but I figure I should be as clear as possible.

About 16 days ago I had a sexual encounter with a girl. We had deep kissing and then we took our clothes off. She gave me oral sex. Later, she touched the head of my penis to her vagina. This was NOT penetrative. We never had sex, but the tip of my penis did tough her vagina for a few seconds.

Now, 16 days later, my penis is sore at the very tip, sometimes sore enough where brushing up against my underwear becomes painful and I have to hold it. I noticed that white discharge has been coming out of my penis as well, and there appears to be a small red spot at the very tip (the part of my penis that touched her vagina).

Here's what I know:
-My symptoms strongly point toward gonorrhea, and I should get tested.
-HIV can't be transmitted through kissing and is extremely rarely (essentially nonexistently) transmitted to a receiving male during oral.
-Female to male transmission, through sexual intercourse, is the most unlikely to happen - as opposed to male to male (anus) and male to female (vaginal)
-There needs to be a direct transfer of fluid into the penis in order to have a chance for infection.

I'm nearly convinced that I've contracted gonorrhea, and am prepared to take the necessary next steps for testing and treatment. But when I became convinced that I had gonorrhea, I started getting really nervous about HIV. I know HIV is harder to get (with gonorrhea being relatively easy to get), and after all, I never penetrated her and I dont remember any vaginal fluids actually getting on the head of my penis.

I was wondering what people think about the HIV side of this. That's what makes me nervous.
You had no HIV risk.