HIV Prevention Community
HIV STATUS

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV STATUS

I donated blood a couple times this year. Is it safe to say that I am HIV negative? Ive also been tested on normal antibody tests about 4 times this year. Opinions?
They always screen people who donate blood and you said you have been tested 4 times this year aswell,i,m assuming that all your test results were negative.As long as those test were taken at 3 months post your last exposure then your fine.
yes everything has been negative. i took antibody tests 3.5 months pe. all negative. donated blood at 6 and 8 months pe. everything was cleared. i just dont understand why people say donating blood isnt a good way to know your status even though they using tests than can detect in as little as 2 weeks(anitbody, NAT, p 24) plus i tested multiple times before i donated on normal antibody tests
I guess the best way to know one,s status is to test at 3 months post-exposure and receive a conclusive result and you have done this.
It's not a method to test for HIV, not to mention, if you DID truly have an HIV risk, you would have had to lie during the prescreening process.

It is not responsible.  If you want to know your HIV status, you go and take an HIV test...not donate blood "hoping" you are negative.  There is a lot morally wrong with that.