HIV Prevention Community
HIV Scare..

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV Scare..

On a trip to Thailand in October 2012, I got drunk and had sex with csw. Intercourse was protected and lasted two minutes, when I pulled out i took the condom off and she gave me oral. As drunk as I was, I'm fairly confident I did use protection and even if there was a chance of unprotected sex it was very brief.
Symptoms- Once I got back home, in two days i felt really tired, loss of appetite . Mild night seats for 2 nights. I went to the doctor and he checked my lymph nodes and temperature. Said there were no palpable lymph nodes and temperature was about 99. He asked me to do a complete STD test at around 15 days.
Everything came back negative except ecoli. I had about 150,000 cfu/ml. By the time I got back to my doctor with the reports it was 3 weeks and he started me on CIPRO. During the entire time I was feeling extremely tired and did not want to get out of bed. After two weeks of Cipro, I had a stiff neck which has lasted for a while. I still have this pain in my neck. The pain keeps moving around my neck, it's never at one spot. I've had occasional diarrhea, a few petechiae spots on my chest.
I've put on about 30 pounds in the last 4 months. I've also been getting random pain in my armpits and groin. Of late my armpits are a bit sore. I also have ocassional headaches which does not last more than a day. I also cough out blood with phlegm every once in a while and I've noticed blood in my semen more than once in the last few months.
'm extremely worried about HIV. I've been extremely anxious from the first day. I''ve been travelling and could not find time to take a test. I will be doing that this week. I wanted the forums opinion before I go for a test. Please help. Im absolutely scared. Do these symptoms mean anything?
Anxiety is what hurts people.
you know you used a condom...it's anxiety that is creating the doubt in your mind.

NO RISK
well..I'm not 100% sure and all these symptoms till today are a constant worry. like coughing blood, neck pain and constant cold and folliculitis in the scalp.
you sound pretty sure to me...

"Intercourse was protected and lasted two minutes, when I pulled out i took the condom off and she gave me oral."
Lizzie..thanks for your reply..
I'm almost sure I used a condom..problem is I was drunk...I do not remember a lot of things that happened that night..I'm just really worried about these symptoms though..
you REMEMBER taking the condom off ! ! !  you wore a condom.

your symptoms are not hiv related.  you had NO risk
Well I guess I did not frame my question right..there was a slight chance that i mught have had unprotected sex for a while...
All these symptoms that I mentioned, do they have any connection to HIV? That will put my mind at ease and help me go for my test on saturday.

extreme fatigue, night sweats, feels like my neck is swollen, neck, groin and armpits hurt every once in a while, had a stiff neck one month after encounter, petachie spots, folliculitis or similar boils on scalp, pimples behind ear and on neck, occasional diarrhea and headache.

Sorry to go on like a broken record. thanks for your help.
If you were that drunk that you can't remember you wouldn't have been able to get an erecting.
Thanks for the reply teak.
The feeling of guilt and anxiety is killing me. I'm really terrified because of all the symptoms that happened right after the encounter.
Anxiety is what hurts people.
well..I'm hoping it's anxiety and nothing else...It's strange...I had no clue anxiety can cause physical symptoms..This forum is awesome and you guys really help me put my mind at ease..all thats left to be done is get tested..doubt I can sleep in peace till thats one..Just one more question though, Is orasure a good way to test, before I make my way to a lab and check??
Yes, 3 months post exposure if you have had an exposure.
I have a question. I did the orasure test today and I tested negative. I have two additional questions, I know they sound stupid, but I'm hoping you guys will answer this question..

1) The orasure test asks you to close the paper flap for 20 mins. I did not do that. I'm pretty sure it should not have any consequence to the outcome of the test. Atleast, I hope it will not. Does anyone have any information on that.

2) Do I need to follow up on this test with an ELISA? it's been more than 4 months now. I did buy an extra orasure which I will try either tomorrow or day after. Just checking if this is confirmatory or I need an Elisa?
You never had an exposure.
I'm still not sure what happened that night...so I'm gonna assume I had a chance..
Assuming I did, would two oraquick tests on two continuous days suffice? both negative
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Wow, Really?
I have a genuine question. Is my result conclusive?? two oraquick negatives??
or do I have to follow this up with an ELISA? I
You didn't have an exposure and you didn't need to test. You have been advised multiple times. MOVE ALONG.