HIV Prevention Community
HIV Test accuracy

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV Test accuracy

Hi everyone, here's my question: I tested for hiv almost 3 years ago after I was with my now husband 7 months and it came back negative. We are both faithful to each other, but lately I have been feeling a few symptoms like muscle and joint pain (especially in arms, forearms and hands), burning/scratchy throat and ears, and very recently diagnosed with thrush on my tongue. I've been taking medication for that for almost 1 week but it only improved a little.
I go on the internet and of course, a lot of the symptoms I have are associated with hiv. I also had a miscarriage recently. Should I be tested for hiv again? I am very scared since I'm a little hypochondriac...
Thanks for your help.
Sounds like it. See your doctor if you have concerns and that your husband isn't faithful.
Now I'm really scared. I have no doubts that my husband is faithful to me. My question is really about the test accuracy.= of almost 3 years ago. I've never been promiscuous or engaged in high risk situations... I don't know what to think.
If you tested three months after exposure then you don't have HIV.
Thank you for your response. I will look for an oral specialist and address my concerns. I've had a phobia of hiv for years even with no real exposure and the internet is very scary sometimes. I will get tested if I need to.