HIV Test accuracy
Hi everyone, here's my question: I tested for hiv almost 3 years ago after I was with my now husband 7 months and it came back negative. We are both faithful to each other, but lately I have been feeling a few symptoms like muscle and joint pain (especially in arms, forearms and hands), burning/scratchy throat and ears, and very recently diagnosed with thrush on my tongue. I've been taking medication for that for almost 1 week but it only improved a little.
I go on the internet and of course, a lot of the symptoms I have are associated with hiv. I also had a miscarriage recently. Should I be tested for hiv again? I am very scared since I'm a little hypochondriac...
Thanks for your help.
Sounds like it. See your doctor if you have concerns and that your husband isn't faithful.
Now I'm really scared. I have no doubts that my husband is faithful to me. My question is really about the test accuracy.= of almost 3 years ago. I've never been promiscuous or engaged in high risk situations... I don't know what to think.
If you tested three months after exposure then you don't have HIV.
Thank you for your response. I will look for an oral specialist and address my concerns. I've had a phobia of hiv for years even with no real exposure and the internet is very scary sometimes. I will get tested if I need to.