HIV Prevention Community
HIV Test as a part of premeployment check list

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Dear All

First of all many thanks and appreciate your advices/help to different peoples who approches the forum almost every day either seeking help or clarifying their anxieties.

I am also a one of them and who had been advised by experts in the forum long time back. You can read my story at the link

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/Do-I-need-to-take-a-test-or-am-I-having-HIV/show/1771184

As per experts advice, i am confident that I am not a victim of HIV and a good lesson learnt for the whole of my life.

But recently , I am offered a job in UAE and as a part of pre-employment check up, I need to undergo HIV test. So before putting my resignation at my current orgnaisation, I wanted to be sure that I don't have HIV. So could you please suggest me which is the best test to undergo, which will not return any FALSE POSITIVE test? Your help is highly appreciated.

Once again many thanks. Great job!

you dont have hiv
Take a standard blood test. But even if you get a false positive, it has to be resolved through a Western Blot.
Thanks for the response. is there any name of the test, that I need to go for? I understand there are few different test for HIV.
Elisa antibody test
This is different from ECLIA test? right?
No,they are virtually the same tests.
Thanks.. hopefully I will not be a VICTIM of FALSE POSITIVE...Wish me luck..Thanks Joggen, Rainlover.

Many thanks to Lizzie and Teak who had helped me to over come my anxiety..
you dont have hiv
Thanks Lizzie..so sweet of you..My regards to you and your family..
Dear All

I went to clink for HIV test as suggested by Joggen earlier as a part of my pre-employment check. But the doctor in the clinick had decided to a test named " HIV 1& 2 ANTIBODIES, COMBO TEST INCLUDES P24 ANTIGEN".

Looking at my situation ( as experts had told me I didn't have any exposure), whether this test would be good enough to MOVE ON! I will get the results by this evening.

Your comments would be highly appreciated.
Could you please comment on my last post?
Nothing to add to what Lizzie has already advised you.
I know.. i don't have HIV and thanks for your all help/advice/support..but this is for premeplyment check up..Members of the group advised for Elisa..but in the clinick they didn't have ELISA..and hence gone with COMBO.. As far as reliability concerned..both COMBO and ELISA are equally reliable..right?
Enough, you do not have HIV.
Many Thanks Teak. Got my report ,

Index value 0.09
Comment: Non Reactive.

Oooh..Thanks..accepting the employment offer and moving on. Lesson learnt.

Thanks to MEDHELP community.. Speacially to TEAK, LIZZIE, RAINLOVER and GOJJEN..

God Bless All