HIV Prevention Community
H.I.V Testing Question

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

H.I.V Testing Question

Hi quick question i had sex with a girl about 8 years ago i was drunk ect, however a few months back i went for a H.I.V test they give me a form to fill in and on the form it said how long ago was it when i had sex with this person, and i said it was a few weeks ago but i lied i only said that because i thought they wouldnt do the test, dont ask me why i just did, anyway my question is will the test still be accurate after all these years and if i did catch H.I.V of that girl will it still show up after such a long time best regards
Yes the test will be accurate.
ok thanks would the test have check for for H.I.V 1 and 2
TRY REREADING YOUR OTHER THREADS.

* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
* After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
* Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
* Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.