HIV Prevention Community
HIV Testing Question! PLEASE HELP!

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV Testing Question! PLEASE HELP!

Hi All:

About 9 months ago I gave oral sex to a man of unknown STD status. Unfortunately, I caught gonorrhea from him, however, I was treated, retested, and told that the gonorrhea had cleared up. At the time of the original diagnosis, I was also tested for other STD's, including HIV. I had the rapid test for HIV and the results were negative. (this was at a 1 1/2 month{ 8 days from reaching 2 months}) At 3 months I  tested for HIV again and had the ELISA test;it was negative as well. At 6 months, I had a Rapid test done once again for HIV, and it was negative. SHOULD I trust these results, and let my mind be at ease, or should I test again? Is there a chance for a false negative, or since I have tested 3 times across 6 months, should I just trust my results as being negative? Please Help, this has been making me very nervous. I dont want to linger on this any more!