HIV Prevention Community
HIV-Unprotected Blow Job

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV-Unprotected Blow Job

Hello Doctor,
I am in big dilema.I had Blow job from a girl (Possibly SW). I have got Instant HIV Test in 52 days post exposure it was -ive. Should I go for Test again after 8 weeks to make sure it conclusive.Is post 7 week test reliable???

Your instant help will very much appreciated.
Sunny is 100% correct - no need for testing.
When u say its 100% correct. Should this mean I should be not afraid to touch my partner.???
I am also scared that the Girl had her touge pierced and had flat stud.I spoke to her she is -ive don't know it lie or true.
Sure, I know you're scared - but again Sunny nailed it.  You got the advice you asked for.  I mean, I guess you could come back and say she sliced your penis open and poured highly concetrated HIV infected fluid into it?  But do you really want to take the route. Now, I know I'm exaggerating, but you get my point.  The "what if" game is a slippery slope, my friend.  You had no risk ... try to move on.
Thanks a Ton. Infact I had booked appointment for Retest at 59th Day. Which I will cancel.
I want to make by life back in track. So should I get tested again after 3 months and finally close this bad chapter and move on in life or should I consider this 7 weeks as certain.
Do whatever you want to do. You were never at risk and didn't need testing the first time let alone any other time for receptive oral sex.
But I have got rashes on hands. Do not know how it has come. Could be HIV Rashes. If I got HIV I will commit sucide immediately.
It seems its wrongly said that HIV cannot be transferred from Blow Job. I think it can be transferred immediately as in my case.
You have been told you did not have a risk. If you are suicidal seek professional mental help.
No risk, no test needed,rash no related to hiv, is thats simple, so if you cant forget about it, look for help, your test already prove that you are hiv- negative so please move on, if you have suicidal thoughts then is 100% you need therapy, I really hope you can recover from these anxiety driven attacks, you DONT HAVE HIV.

Good luck
Its said HIV Rashes is the begining of seroconverion. So if you get tested 1 week after rash it would be postive. Is it???
MOVE ON you didn't have a risk and just because you have a rash has nothing to do with HIV. You have a concern about the rash go to a dermatologist.
Yes but in your case doesnt matter,
Rashes have occured in 7th week onwards so test at 8th week may be +ive
What part of you didn't have a risk is it that you don't understand. You need to take a look at the posting guideline of this forum.

"Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban. "
Yes but in your case doesnt matter,
I'm certain this has to do with your mind - you've obsessed about HIV to the point that you're not allowing reason and rational thinking to be in charge here.  I understand where you're at; and hopefully, you'll stop punishing yourself about what you did.  

Regardless of all the questions your mind can (and will) come up with: remember these TWO crucial facts:  1.) You never had a risk    and   2.) You are HIV negative.    

Best of luck - I hope you begin focusing on GOOD thing and get yourself out of this mental funk.   You can do this!
I understand. Hope what u say is true.I will again get myself retested in 8 + week.Let see the result.Bye
testing is up to you but is no needed, it will be negative.
in your case...7 weeks is conclusive
Doctor, Pls help me. Will test at after 7 week pick any problem or it will pick only in 90% of cases 10% are still open.
this is NOT the "ask a doctor" forum.

you were never at risk for hiv...move on...you do not have a hiv concern
there is no risk on getting a blow job , get over it, and get some mental health
I am not an authority of any kind except to say you mention rashes in your hands which is not a sign of HIV per se but it is a sign of syphillis (syphilis) which is rarely transmitted anymore at all let alone regularly; however if you have any concern regarding the rash have a blood test for syphillis (syphilis). If you have that it is an easy cure with a shot or two of pennicillin (penicillin).  It can be transmitted orally but again it is rare here in the US almost exclusively in the gay community.  other than that your test you have had is very encouraging and likely in fact definitely not going to change to positive with no other risk factors you have not mentioned. Any doctor, lab or clinic can do the syph. test it is regularly done and any result beyond six weeks can be accepted as definitive.  If thats not the cause of your rash see a dermatologist likely an allergy not HIV.  Be rational man, hold on to this which is what I did and I had the same risk.  NEVER A DOCUMENTED CASE OF HIV FROM INSERTIVE ORAL SEX......EVER......EVER.....EVER. I told myself that for three months got my conclusive test and have been on the mend mentally ever since. I wish you luck i know what you are going through and it ain;t easy but you are almost there and at 90 days you can get final test and forget this whole thing with a lesson learned.
syphillis is hardly transmitted anymore? you got to be kidding me. it is making a very strong comeback and this poster would not have sores on his hand from syphills.
I am no authority so not going to argue the point but there are approximately 20,000 cases a year in the US and most of them are in the gay community he is hetero.  He could have a rash, not sores on his hands, from primary syphillis (syphilis).  I was merely trying to help not looking to jump inot a realm where I do not belong I am no different than this guy I was a poster with anxiety once as well.  I learned this information in my hunt for information relating to my own situation.  I wish him and you good luck, be well.
He didn't have a risk and HIV is not a gay disease so it doesn't matter if he is a heterosexual, bisexual, or transsexual. No one is exempt from contracting HIV if they have put themselves at risk.
we were discussing syphillis (syphilis) not HIV and neither is a gay disease. fact is though syphillis (syphilis) rise recently has been almost entirely exclusively in the gay community it can affect anyone to be sure.
Syphilis is not just increasing high in gay community.  Syphilis is high in the youth populations.
You are correct and I apologize sincerely if my comment sounded like a slight.  It was not meant that way I was simply stating facts that authorities have stated including the docs here.  I have kids and know whats going on out there including their health class curriculums and they are getting good information these days that includes from people like you giving guest lectures.......you do good work and I stand corrected STD in general is on the rise in youth today......be well.