HIV Prevention Community
HIV and Lymph node swelling.

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV and Lymph node swelling.

I take this quote from a website.

The terms "persistent generalized lymphadenopathy" and "HIV lymphadenopathy" describe the syndrome of unexplained diffuse lymphadenopathy involving two or more extrainguinal sites for longer than 3 months. Up to 70% of patients infected with HIV will develop this syndrome within the first few months after seroconversion, long before any other symptoms of HIV infection appear.(8)

So I take from this that you would need two or more areas to contain swollen lymph nodes excluding the groin area to be experiencing lymphadenopathy ? Basically neck and armpit, or neck and back of head, ect..... I'm new to all this information.

I have two bean sized nodes in the right side under my jaw. Also I have one pea sized node on each side of the groin. I have had these since before my last HIV negative test. I was examined by a doctor at least a year ago, and the doctor said I felt fine. So this would not be considered lymphadenopathy as there is only one area besides groin that I am concerned about ?
You were never at risk for HIV and you have been advised. If you have a concern see your doctor.