HIV Prevention Community
HIV and Lymph nodes
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HIV and Lymph nodes

I have visited a sexual health clinic 6 weeks after  to check the symptoms that i have been experiencing .... i was told that one lymph node on the right side of my groin is raised....Is this indicative of HIV or would my lymph nodes be swollen in various areas? Also can a HIV rash take the form of a hair follicle spots as that is what was diagnosed in regard to the rash on my chest? Thank you
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
NO and No
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
What you're doing is WAY overthinking this and fueling your anxiety.

Swollen lymph nodes, when related to HIV are present in many locations, they are not localized to one area, and when they are swollen, it's usually very significant.  Lymph nodes can be inflammed for any number of reasons.  It's not anything to worry about, and certainly isn't related only to HIV.

You would do yourself a favor by throwing your computer out the window, or giving it to someone until you have tested.  You're doing nothing but chasing your tail.  No matter what conclusions you come up with based on "symptoms" or anything else...they are meaningless, because HIV doesn't always present the same way...in fact, it is quite unpredictable and inconsistent.  As you've been told...ONLY an HIV test will tell you your status.

Until you test, kindly move along.  This is a very busy forum, and we just simply cannot address every anxiety-driven question you have.  It isn't fair to the other posters.
Blank
I promise this will be my last post as i understand that i am overdoing it.......Is
folliculitis a symptom of early HIV infection? or does it only occur in later stages? Last question please answer and i will stop
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
NO.
Blank
No and folliculitis is symptoms of a lot a dermatoligal issue. Stop with the symptom hunting like you've been told before symptoms won't tell you anything about your status.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank