HIV Prevention Community
HIV anxity after Receive *******

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV anxity after Receive *******

Dear all experts. Glad to be a part of this forum. I have read lots of experts advise on hiv and the advice of doctors,
Edward W Hook, MD, H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D and so on.
My encounters was: about 32 days ago i got blowjob for 10-12 sec form a CSW (Unprotected). I dont have any cut or soure in my gentle and no visible blood on mouth. I was only receiver nothing else.from axity i got test at 17 days HIV 1&2 in ICT method(blood) was (-). but still worry.
Q:
1. Did i get HIV after receiving blowjob only ?
2. All doctors in this forum tell always in positive way to all as i read. and  Edward W Hook, MD says they give the decision on management opinion. so are they giving only consultation?
3. Is my 17 days (-) test carry any thing ?
4. Most of our country (South asian) doctors are saying it is risk where medhelp experts are not. Are the doctors (local) never read any medical literature ?
5. Can any experts give me an authentic and believable decision ?
6. After reading CDC and other doctors advice really get confused can you help me please ?
7. Edward W Hook, MD, says no need test from blowjob form medical persentative. is it 100% accurate?

Again thanks all expert

Tags: HIV, anxity, test, worry
You never had an exposure.
by Emily_MHModerator,
And to clarify, it is this site's stance, based on studies and our own MedHelp experts (all of whom are world-renowned for their work in this field), that oral sex carries no risk for HIV.  
Emily
Than you very much teak. you are really expert
But fnd please can i get my all question answer individually ?
There is nothing to answer. HIV is not transmitted by oral sex. No risk means there is no reason to test for HIV for oral sex.
Dear teak
Thank you vary much.
Can you tell me about - freedomhelth, webmed, NHS Choice, helpteap who are working in HIV saying oral sex risk. so confused. as a expert can you tell my actual risk and which i ll believe?
please.. it is so kind of you.
in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA
Dr. Garcia is from Freedom Health.
Another question as doctors are saying there is no virtual risk of HIV what does it means? Then is any real risk ? confused. please help. and what is confirmatory test of hiv ?
I meet with a field worker of UNICEF who work on hiv. she told me saliva has hiv virus and can cause hiv transmission. i need test after 3 months. so are they confused me? or they have lac of knowledge. can any one help me by answer ?
Dear experts I hava a question. The doctor form medhelp are saying on oral sex question:

Kevin Pho, MD
Aug 23, 2005
The major concern would be the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.  Since there is commonly no barrier (i.e. a condom) for protection, any type of genital disease can be transmitted - gonorrhea, chlamydia, HIV, herpes, hepatitis, candidiasis (rarely), genital warts etc.

I would direct you to this article to further answer your question:
http://health.ivillage.com/sexualhealth/sxsafe/0,,6g90,00.html

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
http://www.straightfromthedoc.com

Please can you tell me which i believe. he is also the doctor of your forum.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Sorry to bother you again.
I have a last question just to consulate my self.

The experts who are giving no risk advise. Is this only for to give reassurance ? or it is based on medical science. I am confused coz come place where unprotected vaginal sex are saying low risk where most of we know it is risky.

Please don't take it other way .. please reply.

That was an offensive question. "Is this only for to give reassurance?" Like anyone would tell you that you didn't have an exposure when you did. Get yourself some professional mental help, you didn't have an exposure.
We do not get into discussions about the advice coming from other sites or agencies.  You will see some variations in the advice about oral sex, some people will say it's a low risk, others (like all of us here on MH) will say it's NO risk.  You have to decide for yourself who to believe.   Our advice is based on research and science.

I will post a link to a health page I authored about oral sex.  Hopefully that will put things into perspective for you.

You have nothing to worry about.
Thank u very much. So as my 5 week HIV 1&2 test is dependable. And don't
I need any HIV test further from medical stand point?
Im in really tention.
You never had an exposure.
Thank u. A question. Why aidsvancover are saying there is small risk on oral sex.