HIV blood mixed with water???
From reading the archives, I know the question about HIV's survival/inactivity outside the body has been beat to death. But also from reading, it is my understanding that the virus becomes inactive with drying and warm temperatures. So if blood products were mixed with cool water, delaying the "drying" time, would HIV stay active longer than if there was no water?
Here is why I am asking. I had routine blood work last week. The nurse had a large bandage on her palm. It was falling off and not made of waterproof material (former wound care experience). She rinsed her hands with cool water for maybe 3 seconds. Then she patted them with a towel, but they were still visibly wet. She grabbed the latex gloves with the BANDAGE, therefore contaminating them. I could still see the wetness on the outside of the gloves. She took the cap off the needle I saw the side of the needle touch her glove prior to the blood draw. I wanted to throw up.  
I should clarify and say I did not see fresh red blood on the gloves or bandage, just the wetness. But I wasn't sure if any blood products had been mixed with that water.
HIV does not stay active outside it's HOST. PERIOD.