HIV Prevention Community
HIV doubt

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV doubt

Hello, and thank you very much for your valuable help. 17 days ago, I deep kissed (around 30 seconds) an unknown person I had met at the tube. I had some sores in the mouth, and a little wound. I didn't notice if it was bleeding, nor if he had any sores in his mouth. But I begun reading in the internet that if there was blood in his mouth, and if he was HIV+, there might be risks. When we deep kissed (french kiss, with tongue) I didn't notice any blood flavour. I'm really freaked out, and last saturday (15 days after the encounter) I decided to do a p24/antigen HIV combo 4th generation test. The result was negative.

I have, therefore, two questions: is it possible to have HIV+ with that kiss, in the event the other person was HIV+? The 4th generation test is reliable 15 days after the encounter? Should I re-test myself? Or I am free of risks?

Thank you very much for your attention, and good afternoon.
Whatever/whereever your reading that is garbage. Kissing is never a risk, no matter what.
What about the 4th generation test done after 15 days? Is it reliable and accurate? I don't want to think that my doctor lied to me, but I've seen many different opinions in the web...

Thanks! :)
Did you tell your doctor that you are taking the hiv test for kissing some one? Am sure your doctor lied :)
Yes...he told me that there was no real risk, but I decided to take the test. I payed for it (that's why I want to know if it was a fake), and I'd like to know about the accuracy of the combo test 15 days after the exposure. Legal issues...

I meant your doctor had no other option other than lying and shooing you off...you didnt require a test :)