HIV Prevention Community
HIV duo test positive AFTER 4 weeks

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV duo test positive AFTER 4 weeks

Not really a question as such - trying to help resolve teh countless testing debates with my own personal experience as I can pinpoint the risk time exactly.

I am 28, heavy drinker but no real health concerns/illnesses/immune problems etc:

I had unprotected vaginal sex with a brothel sex worker who said I didn't need to bother with a condom - i.e. HER choice even though she had them with her, she also showed them to me on the way out...- I was too drunk to realize what was going on, was feeling suicidal anyway and didn't know about PEP- 4 days after I came down with a distinct mono type illness and also had cuts all over my foreskin - I suffer from a tight foreskin that is prone to splitting.

I tested at 16 days duo test - negative but puss cells in penis - I didn't test positive for chlamidyia but that is what they gave me antibiotics for saying it was strange it hadn't come up on the test as chlamidyia....

Took antibiotics, soreness at tip cleared up - cue oral thrush and night sweats.

These occurred directly after and then a few days after I took the antibiotics

Around week 3.5 after daily staring in the mirror - I noticed I had a maculopapular non itchy rash on the backs of both arms. Started planning my suicide.

I suffer from depression anyway and have irregular sleeping patterns/trouble getting out of bed- and over the past few weeks I've had EVERY symptom at one stage or another.

Test at 28 days - duo test - negative

Speaking to the health counsellor they said there was no need to test again now and I should wait until 3 months as all the signs indicate I am negative. Even with me explaining all the symptoms and circumstances!!

I need counseling anyway so am back in on day 45 for a test.

All I can say about this is I am in a very very high risk and have displayed all symptoms and co-factors that increase transmission - foreskin/open sores/stds.

If I am negative then this should persuade all worried wells to calm down and put things in perspective.

I obviously do not think this is going to be the case. But will report on my test at 7 weeks - as that is my next scheduled appointment and will continue to get tested if its negative at regular intervals and put which tests I am getting down as well.

16 day duo test -ve
28 day duo test -ve
45 day
56 day
84 day

Oh yeah - also I meant to say - the thing is if I test positive at 7 weeks - everyone will know even with a healthy immune system  - 4 weeks is not enough "for the vast majority".

If I test at 3 months you'll know 7/8 weeks is also unreliable.

If I test at 6 months you'll know it is actually 6 months - forget what anyone else says

My point with this is you got to be certain - as otherwise you can pass it on without realizing.

I understand that most ordinary people in industrialized countries who are not having sex with high risk groups needn't worry as much - but you never know where the person you've been with has been before - or who they have been with has been - on holiday/when under the influence etc.

I've been propositioned a few times just recently, work in bars, and on the face of it a completely normal person - but just look at the stupid stuff I've got up to...

3 months is 12/13 weeks and that test is conclusive. Excessive drinking and sex don't mix and had you used a condom you wouldn't be in this predicament.
No Need to waste the test wait until 84 to 90 days to test again its not conclusive until then anyway......
Your post is contradicting with the title.  So, what you're saying is that all of your tests thus far have been negative?  If that is the case, it seems as though you have convinced yourself that the next one will be positive?

If I read it right, then let me say....number one....while you had a definite risk....MOST csw's are actually NOT infected, and unless you verified her status, you have no way of knowing if she is neg or pos.  If she is neg, obviously, she couldn't have infected you.

That being said...even if she IS pos, it isn't an absolute guarantee you were infected.  Many people manage to dodge the bullet.  Of course.....taking a risk like that isn't worth it...but it isn't an automatic POS result.  And your neg results thus far are VERY VERY reassuring!

Finally....you need to just do a simple antibody test at 12 weeks for your final result.  Don't mess around with the PCR tests as they give false positives much more commonly than a standard antibody test.

My guess is, you will end up being just fine.  If that is the case...you need to seek some professional counseling....not only for your depression and suicidal thoughts....but also for your image of HIV.  So, your plan was death by HIV?  Sorry, but that is just silly.  Not only is you image of the disease skewed, but a person with HIV with the right medical guidance and treatment can live a totally normal life span.  It isn't a "death sentence" as many people think it is.  

It is time for you dig deep and find a reason to stick around.  Life isn't easy...and depression is rough...but there are MANY successful treatments for it.  You owe it to yourself to try.  Trust me when I say I have been there.  I have never been suicidal, but I have lived within the grips of anxiety and depression....and it stunk!  I am happy to say though, that with consistent seeking of counseling and medication...I live a (mostly) normal life.  It is a great feeling to be able to look back and see how much of an improvement has enhanced my quality of life.

From now on....don't mix drinking and sex...and insist upon a condom each and every time for vaginal or anal sex.  It will protect you if used correctly and consistently!
**the thing is if I test positive at 7 weeks - everyone will know even with a healthy immune system  - 4 weeks is not enough "for the vast majority". **

That is entirely incorrect.  EVERY single person is different and there are a LOT of factors that come into play with new HIV infection.  Mode of transmission, the viral load of the infector, and a number of other things.

While generally speaking a person who has been infected tests pos quite quickly....this is why there is a standard of 3 months to cover the window period and allow for all kinds of circumstances.

If YOU test past 7 weeks, that proves nothing as far as the "norm".  With HIV, there are too many variables to place such a certain standard on it.  That is why the 3 months window is quite conservative.

Okay cool.

Let me clear some things up

I wasn't trying to commit suicide by HIV!! Basically I just ended up so low I felt "what is the point in anything" and have tended towards extremey risky and suicidal activity when drunk and bouts of depression. I had no idea what I was doing that night.

Yeah I understand regards wasting a test. However I feel if I get diagnosed straight away I can at least join a medication trial or be monitored closely. Also I need counseling - I see it pointless going in for that about other issues until I know where I stand with this...

People make mistakes regards drugs/sex and alcohol - unfortunately they are often a way to deal with underlying issues - which I am just coming to terms with.

I feel its important for people to realize when a test is conclusive - I've been on all the forums looking at people asking about risk. A lot of the time its men who've cheated on their wives and are worried about having sex/using a condom as it will give it away.

I'd hate to hear of someone who tested at 28 days on a duo and then thought they were fine and passed it to their wife/long term partner - 28 days is what a lot of UK private clinics say to get you to pay for the same test that is given out free on the NHS....and then some NHS hospitals also say 6 weeks is fine over here is the UK.

No doubt!  Mixing alcohol/drugs with sex can be a recipe for disaster, and I'm glad you are starting to come to terms with your issues and that YOU are worth the help so you can stick around.

As far as timelines go...a lot of the advice that the docs give, if you read carefully depends on the situation...if there was truly a risk or not.  The CDC guidelines to cover the window period is 3 months and I'm pretty sure that the UK Dept of Health (Health Ministry?  Sorry, don't know the exact name) states the same!  Therefore, if someone TRULY had a risk, then a person needs to test out to 3 months JUST to cover all possible scenarios to be sure.  It is true that most people who have been infected will test POS much sooner than 3 months....but the 3 month guideline should be followed by anyone who had a true risk (unprotected anal or vag sex.....sharing IV drug works).

On medhelp...I have never seen a forum member or the docs state that 28 days would be conclusive after a risk.  It is reassuring, yes...but conclusive, no.

Be sure to let us know your final results.  My guess is you will end up being fine...and maybe THAT coupled with some therapy will give you a new lease on life...and make you care enough about YOU to not take those kind of chances.

Take Care.
I've seen a lot of stuff go on about 6 weeks not changing and so on.

To be honest I've given up caring - I won't be happy until at least 3 months if not 6 - I'd love to have the opportunity to be in the position to worry about that - but sadly I feel that is not going to be the case...

I will report back and I will be trying to do some campaigning or something to help other people who have made similar mistakes irrespective of my result.

In my initial weeks panic - and the amount of time trawling the web - I was desperate to find information on things - and there are very rare posts from  people who can pinpoint their exposure, have a genuine risk and talk sensibly about their testing. So I thought I may as well....

Also the GUM clinics I have gone too are just far too reassuring - I think its dangerous. A lot of people are embarassed about being open about their sex lives/paying for sex/drug use.

In fact I have been in before and its the approach of "it'll never happen, there is less than 1% chance of getting it, and if you got anyhting else - just take the antibiotics" that is causing an increase in the heterosexual population.

All the HIV documentation is geared towards Gay men in UK clinics. In the UK they are now running STD adverts on the TV showing all diseases EXCEPT HIV. I think this lulls people into a false sense of security.

Well, the honest to goodness truth IS that it is hard to contract.  It is just reporting of the facts.  Now,  that isn't to say that regardless of the fact that it isn't easy, it isn't impossible, and people still need to protect themselves...and that is the message I have seen more than anything.

However...if a person comes into a clinic with a risk....hearing the facts is what they need.  Would you rather they had scared you to death when you were already petrified?  You knew you had a risk and that you very well MAY  have ended up with HIV...but knew that the odds were in your favor!  That is pretty to the point IMO!  They advised you of the testing recommendations just as they should of.

How many people come to THIS forum convinced (even despite a NO risk situation) that they are infected?  And there is NO convincing them otherwise!  I think it is quite reassuring and responsible for the facts to be laid out.  And the facts are....that 1.  HIV still IS much much more prevalent in the gay community, specifically gay men, and 2. that HIV is NOT easily transmitted.  Despite those facts...is it recommended for people to have unprotected sex?  HE** no!

Having that info available and understood is NOT an excuse for someone to not protect themselves.  That is just silly.  Even a 1% chance.....those are odds I  wouldn't be taking.  Just like the lotto.....the odds are basically terrible, but people still play anyway (and win), right?  Same thing in a reversed manner.

Just because it is difficult...it is not IMPOSSIBLE, therefore people need to consistently protect themselves.

ALSO...technically the 3 month recomendation is quite conservative...meaning most infections are going to occur before the 3 month period...but the health agencies keep the figure there for a reason...to be responsible so that people do NOT get too much of a false sense of security after a few weeks of neg test results.

Bottom line...people are responsible for themselves and themsleves only.  
Also got to say here,

"IF she was" etc.

This is another chain of thinking that lulls people into a false sense of security and re-inforces lax condom use etc.

I've been thinking:
"of course she is +ve - otherwise she'd use a condom"
"why would she want to catch anything else?"
"if she was +ve she must know she could get re-infected with other strains?"
"Maybe she is suicidal and doesn't care what she does to anyone?"
"Myabe she got it from working and is trying to get revenege?"

- bottom line is:

1) it is almost conclusive she is +ve as far as I am concerned
2) all symptoms I have had enforce a diagnosis of infection
3) my risk is not 1 in 200 - it is far far higher due to risk co-factors and conditions

I just want to clear up this thing about window period for anyone else if they get themselves into a situation. If I test -ve out to 7 weeks THEN positive - I will post everywhere - including to Australia and NHS hospitals - 6 weeks is not conclusive on the new generation tests - and send them my info on age/sex/health etc.

If I test negative at 3 months then positive at 6 months I will go nuts and make sure anyone who says 3 months is conclusive is aware of my testing history and that I am not on chaemotherapy/have a comprimised immune system etc.

Yeah I'm not saying I'm not responsible for myself - I am not blaming anyone else.

Just shooting the breeze about the subject as its suddenly become very important to me......

If I test -ve out to 7 weeks THEN positive - I will post everywhere - including to Australia and NHS hospitals - 6 weeks is not conclusive on the new generation tests - and send them my info on age/sex/health etc.

That's fine, I just don't understand what you're trying to prove.  3 months is conclusive, and of course some people test POS after 6-7 weeks!  I'm not sure WHO (what agency) is telling you that 6 weeks is conclusive?  It isn't.

) it is almost conclusive she is +ve as far as I am concerned

HOW???  People that are not HIV pos still take chances and have sex without condoms!  You simply cannot go by behavior and "assume" she is pos.  Just like you cannot assume someone is "negative".  The only way you can be certain is go ask her to be tested.

You had a risk, and you are doing the right thing by being tested....I just don't know what you are trying to prove.  A window period is a window period, bottom line...and if you test pos after 7 weeks, it "proves" nothing!  Also, you can make all the assumptions in the world you want...but it doesn't benefit you to do so.  The only way you will know is by being tested!
I understand - I've come to terms with what I've done.

I've read these and other forums over and over and its always worried wells agonizing over window periods. Loads of them giving people like Teak a lot of stick for saying 6 weeks isn't conclusive.

Its since become a mini-obsession.

As far as I am concerned - I'm going in at 6 weeks now - tomorrow - if I test later positive - I'll let people know so they can be aware its not only chaemotherapy patients who show up positive later.

As for the risk and chance of her being positive - this is exactly what the health advisor said to me - BUT come on....

A sex worker sleeping with lots of different men who sleep around, I where is the condom as she "puts me in" - and she says its okay she just goes to the doctors - then when I leave she shows me a condom. That is basically what happened. If I wasn't in such a bad state that weekend I would have got onto PEP. If I was in a worse state I'd have jumped off a bridge.

Obviously she is trying to spread disease....I was initially panicked that it would be socially responsible to report the place and her to the police - but at the end of the day - it was my responsibility to look after myself and I've just accepted it and stopped beating myself up about it all.

Obviously she is trying to spread disease....

That's a bit over the top!  You are going under the assumption that a large portion of CSW's are infected...actually that isn't true.  A majority of them are NOT!  You are taking ONE experience and making a whole lot of assumptions.  You could just as easily "what if" the other way..."What if she uses condoms with every client and slipped just this once?"  See?

You misread the posts!!  It is the chemo situations that lead to recommendations for testing after 6 MONTHS, not 6 WEEKS!!!!  3 months is conclusive for the general population, which is basically everyone.  Those rare rare cases where testing is recommended after 6 MONTHS only acount for a minute minute minute amount of people at risk!

Okay - I really appreciate you replying to these posts. Its comforting someone is out there as I can't talk about this to friends or family!

There are people posting on the internet and places like boston/mass/certain UK NHS hospitals that say 6 weeks is conclusive unless you have a serious imuno-condition. My health advisor said 8 weeks is the real window period.

http://www.bhrhospitals.nhs.uk/sexualhealth/sh13.php - NHS UK

- BOSTON: http://www.aac.org/site/PageServer?pagename=basics_home#testing

Why do some sources advise waiting longer than 6 weeks for HIV testing?

Most people will test accurately for HIV after 6 weeks have passed since their last risk. In very rare cases where a person has a highly compromised immune system, such as those in which a person has recently undergone chemotherapy or an organ transplant, it may take 3-6 months for their body to develop enough antibodies to test positive. These are very extreme situations, however, and other more common conditions such as colds or the flu, diabetes, asthma, and many others, will not affect the body's development of HIV antibodies in that way. Those who suggest window periods longer than 6 weeks are trying to account for all those who may also have compromised immune systems.

are tests this day and time more sensitive and able to pick up hiv earlier than in the past?  of course they are.

with that being said...UNTIL THE CDC, FDA, AND THE MANUFACTURERS OF THE TESTS CHANGE THE GUIDELINE...3 MONTHS IS CONCLUSIVE.

there are clinics, doctors, hospitals, etc. who choose NOT to follow the guidelines...and that is their choice...we cant do anything about that.  but on THIS forum...we will continue to follow the guidelines until it is changed.

there is no use continuing this debate about window periods...we follow the guidelines...PERIOD ! ! !
Okay, well -

I'm going to go in on Tuesday - that is actually 46 days for me - so 6 weeks+

Of course I am hoping its negative, I feel I've no chance - but I am hoping I don't have HIV to deal with on top of everything else in my life.

If its +ve - I'd say - proof positive you can't rely on a 4 week duo test at all - despite what hearsay people spread. And apparently 6 weeks is a good time to test and has been conclusive in my experience.

If its -ve - I'll test again and say - proof positive you can test +ve past 6 weeks - and everyone here is correct in saying 3 months despite what anyone else says - you can only be sure at 3 months.

The UK guidelines is 3 months just like the US's guidelines for a conclusive negative test result.
Yeah,

I'm not arguing what the guidelines are. I don't trust 95% are positive by...or one persons opinion that 6 weeks is the holy grail.

I'm saying at least here we'll have some exact first hand experience with 4th genertion duo tests - of a negative 4 week test turning positive at 6 weeks or even a negative 6 week turning positive.

IF anything then - any other WW's trawling these forums and arguing with Teak or anyone else can come and say hello to me!

Still hoping that I may be okay - but even if I'm not - I'm not going to do anything stupid - just going to learn to live with it and try and get involved in some groups to help people and vent on forums as I can't tell friends/family.

UK testing guidelines 2008  http://www.bhiva.org/files/file1031097.pdf

Now that you know so much about testing read Post test discussion testing negative results and post what it says in your tread.

"The need for a repeat HIV test if still within the window period after a specific exposure should be discussed. Although fourth generation tests shorten the time from exposure to seroconversion a repeat test at three months is still recommended to definitively exclude HIV infection."
Yeah that quote is mis-worded anyway:
"Although fourth generation tests shorten the time from exposure to seroconversion"
- No they don't shorten how long seroconversion takes in a patient..they can shorten the time to detection.

This 3 month thing obviously includes a buffer - that is what most people are debating about on this matter. The buffer is there for the entire population with all different types of bodies and situations. Therefore it is reasonable to assume that if you are in good health and young you'll show up earlier than 3 months which is there for all.

People are trying to pinpoint this to get piece of mind ahead of 3 months to get on with work etc/put things in perspective - or who are in long term monogomous relationships and are being pressured to carry on having unprotected sex.

I myself need to make decisions on my future employment based on this result.

I used to think "whats the point in getting tested, you have to wait 3 months clear to be sure - by which time you'd have had sex again - another risk". I told them in the GUM clinic I didn't want to test until 3 months - and they said "no we can pick it up now in the first couple of weeks"

I understand regards it "being conclusive" - but if they say 3 months - we all know they must be putting in some extra time to cover themselves.

we will NOT continue to debate the 3 month guideline on this forum.  as i stated earlier...this forum will continue to support the guidelines in place until it is changed.

period ! ! !
I understand all that, and I agree with your stance.

That is why I will report back on my testing on this site - as it will re-inforce that.

Go on other forums like healing well and they say "6 weeks is conclusive on this forum"

I've tested -ve at 4 weeks and I've seen some private clinics in the UK say that is 99.9% and you can move on - this to get people to pay for tests.

I think this is all wrong - and if I test +ve past 6/7 week -ve - it will show it can and does happen not just to seriously ill people - as everywhere else seems to say it doesn't change after 6 weeks
Okay here it is so far

16 day duo test = negative
28 day duo test = negative
46 day duo test = negative

So just to be clear I have tested at 6 weeks and 4 days and its negative on 4th gen duo.

I still feel that I am HIV+ due to all the risks/co-factors and symptoms.

If I test positive now this will be proof you can't rely on 6 weeks just because you are not on chaemotherapy/have a serious illness, and 6 week negatives do change - which I haven't seen anywhere else - and believe me I have been glued to HIV websites. Googling like mad to work out how to approach my life - I can only imagine what its like for someone who has a partner they've cheated on.

I'm going to do a mouth swab test on day 48 and then test out until the CDC window period.

Maybe its HIV-2? so not going to show on the antigen and I'll be positive by 8 weeks - when my health advisor said it would be conclusive....

Will keep reporting until I turn positive/hit 3 months....
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Your tests prove you're not HIV+
Move on and dont do it again, you may not be so lucky next time.

M.
a test done at 3 months PROVES someone does not have hiv ! ! !
Ok here in France have a new prescription about 4 generation test (only for them).
4 generation test - Ag/Ac Combo(Axsym - Abbott) with agP24 >50 pg/ml - test is conclusive after 6 week. Every other test - 3 months.
But i am with Lizzie Lou UNTIL IN THE USA THE CDC, FDA, AND THE MANUFACTURERS OF THE TESTS CHANGE THE GUIDELINE...3 MONTHS IS CONCLUSIVE
here i posted the link sorry it is on french
http://www.automesure.com/library/pdf/reco-depist-vih.pdf
Parisgay,

Thanks so much for that - my French is a little off but I will take a look.

That has given me a glimmer of hope - as HIV-2 is spread through France more than UK - in the US I heard they don't really bother with HIV-2. If France say 6 weeks - then that is good news as I feared HIV-2 may take longer and thats why some US groups say 6 weeks as they don't bother with HIV-2 - and that is why nothing had showed up with me....

I'm in for a counseling session tomorrow where they will offer me a test, then I will hold out to 8 weeks and 3 months.

Its important I feel everyone relies on 3 months as conservative as you can't be sure what test you got and where you are in the world does affect things....also here is one for those with high anxiety:

Yesterday I did a same day duo test and was phoned to say "the results got lost with the courier, can you come back to repeat the test." - I thought they were getting me back in as it was positive - but they really did lose it! "Its the first and only time thats ever happened where a result has been lost" they said.

They told me my chance was somewhere between 99% at 6 weeks and 100% negative at 3 months when they called me with a negative result. The thought crossed my mind - well I've been the first one whose results were lost getting back!

So basically mistakes can happen - couriers/labels/lab technicians - I'd urge anyone not to go by 1 test at 6 weeks. Maybe thats why so many groups say get a final one at 12 weeks - so you've effectively been tested twice if you've had a high risk exposure

so i` am happy that this info was helpfull to you. So if you was here in France and if you was tested with HIV DUO TEST at 42 days, so you will be consider as seronegative, BUT You live in USA or UK( I`am not sure sorry) so you must retest at 84 days.
BUT beleiveme you will be NEGATIVE.
AND LAST THINK believe to lizzie lou and teak, they are great and know very good the situation in USA,

They help me a lot, and now i work like benevol in Sida Service in France. This time I try to help.
16 day duo test = negative
28 day duo test = negative
46 day duo test = negative
56 day Point of care test = negative.

They didn't offer me a duo test which was disappointing as thats what I wanted.

The health care advisor did say the official window period was 3 months and to come back then -  by regulations I'd have to test then - but 8 weeks was the real window period he felt and looking at the evidence I was negative - I assume that is 8 weeks with POCT as thats what they use as standard - this is the main NHS hospital in UK dealing with HIV

The rash on my arms has faded slightly - but is still there. I've suggested what if its Hep C co-infection or something - but he said 3 months is it regardless.

Can all the symptoms - especially rash really be a co-incidence with this high risk exposure? Just seems too much.

Dude- just be happy now, thank God and.........and don't do it again. Congratulations.

I am still waiting....it was 14th day today:(
It is ridiculous to say that if someone lives in France, then (s)he needs a 6-week test but if (s)he is in America (s)he needs 3 months. People are the same everywhere.

If a country such as France says 6 weeks with a duo test is conclusive, then it must be.
The CDC does not mention duo tests anyway. For some reason, duo tests have yet to be approved in America, but most EU countries use them.  
16 day duo test = negative
28 day duo test = negative
46 day duo test = negative
56 day Point of care test = negative.
94 day Point of care test = negative

Okay so that is it - I'm negative - I'll test again only when I get a new partner for the sake of it.

For anyone who ends up on here thinking "I have flu symptoms and had a random encounter with someone" - look at my story -its not exagerrated at all - unprotected sex with a prostitute who said "no need for condom, then showed me one on the way out" - got chlamidyia, split foreskin and flu -symptoms THe rash on my arms still ahsn't gone so I assume its always been there...I just never looked at the back of my arms until then.

Getting regular counselling and have sorted out most my issues with it.

Good luck everyone.
It is really reassuaring for a lot of anxious & paranoid people like me. I had protected sex with a massage aprlour lady in Thailand. But the rare chance of the condom failing has been bothering me a lot. So reading your story makes me fell I was in much more 'protected' situation than yours. Wish you a happy rest of life. Please do not repeat the mistake
To be honest I hope when people are going mad and searching these forums WITH NO REAL RISK - they can see here that someone with a  high risk (if the person was indeed infected) of getting it and displaying all the symptoms is negative and stop going nuts about it.

It seems its mostly men on here who end up having an experience with a prostitute who suddenly feel guilt and that they must have caught it as a punishment or some other nonsense.

I know its easy for me to preach this now. But its true. To be honest my mind was at ease really at the 8 week test.

This has been one of the hardest times of my life and I sympathize - but you must put things into perspective.

oh and I am putting this all behind me so am going to leave these forums now.

Thanks to everyone who contributes - especially those who have the disease and offer support and re-assurance to others - it really does help.

Maybe this post can be one that helps people with "symptoms" calm down.

I urge everyone to donate to their local HIV charity that offers counseling and support.

hi my name is Hoo I had protected sex with a prostitute in Malaysia she was from Kenya black cute girl,then after sex I didn't carefully look at the condom but it seems alrights but after reminding myself i doubt that and after searching in internet I understand that Kenya is a dangerous country for HIV and it has 6.7 percent HIV positive then I assumed that she was prostitute and must be HIV positive 100%,so i start to panic then after one week i had discharge from my penis i went to std clinik they said you may have gonorrhea or chlamydia but i had no other symptoms,anyway i took antibiotic about 10 days and it became alright,now after 24 days of exposure i am going to test for HIV and other deceases,if it become negative how much can i be calm down because now i am anxious cant concentrate cant study i am master student,pls help.what is the odd that i catch HIV too?
A conclusive negative test is 3 months post exposure.
Hi - I did not actually had sex. But, had an open mouthed kissing.  And during that time I had lip ulcer, which means I had an open sore on my lips.  Is there any risk of HIV in me ?  From the day of the kissing, I have been facing all the symptoms if HIV that I have read in all these kind of forums.  Please advise me.   I also did a HIV test after 7 weeks and it tested negative.  But, still the symptoms are continuing and poses a danger threat in me.
HIV is not transmitted by kissing, PERIOD.

No "buts", or "what if's", those are the facts.
Really nice to hear this from you...All these days I have been in a depression that words cannot explain.  But, some writings in the net says, open sores in mouth while kissing can lead to HIV...that is the worst part that makes me worry a lot...
Stop going on-line and going to junk websites.
To detect HIV, are HIV tests I & II sufficient ?  And, can this test be done in a general hospital or in special AIDS diagnostic centre ?
this is the most inspirational story ever....i can only hope i'm this lucky tomorrow